THE BEST PIZZA DIP RECIPE
This is hands down the best pizza dip recipe you’ll find – making the perfect game day recipe! It’s an easy dip recipe made with cream cheese, pizza sauce and of course your favorite pizza toppings.
PIZZA DIP RECIPE FOR GAME DAY
Happy Friday! Who’s excited for the Super Bowl this weekend?
I am excited to see all the commercials, watch JT kill it during the halftime show and most importantly, stuff my face with all my favorite game day appetizers, like taco dip, cookie dough dip , and this delicious easy pizza dip.
This dip is always a huge hit at a party, I’m mean…who doesn’t love pizza.
I love that you can add your favorite pizza toppings, if your a just cheese lover…this dip is still super delicious either with just cheese or 10+ toppings.
PIZZA DIP INGREDIENTS
This easy pizza dip recipe for game day requires these ingredients:
- CREAM CHEESE: Make sure your cream cheese has been softened to make spreading easy!
- SEASONINGS: We use both italian seasoning and garlic powder for a delicious taste.
- CHEESES: This pizza dip includes 2 parts mozzarella cheese and 1 part cheddar cheese!
- PIZZA SAUCE: Would it be pizza dip without the pizza sauce?!
- TOPPINGS: We chose pepperoni and black olives, but you can add as many or as few toppings as you’d like!
- GARLIC TOAST OR BREAD: This is our FAVORITE option for dipping, feel free to sub for your favorite dipper.
HOW TO MAKE PIZZA DIP
Scroll down below for a printable recipe for this delicious game day appetizer!
- PREPARE: Start by preheating your oven to 350F and spray down a 9-inch pie dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- MIX CREAM CHEESE MIXTURE: In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese and seasonings; spread to the bottom of the pie dish.
- ADD THE CHEESES: Next, combine the cheeses in another bowl and sprinkle half over the cream cheese.
- LAYER THE REST: Top the cheese with pizza sauce, half the pepperoni, and half of the black olives (or other toppings you’d like to use). Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Top the cheese layer with remaining toppings.
- BAKE AND SERVE: Bake for 20 minutes and serve warm along with garlic toast or bread.
DOES THE CREAM CHEESE HAVE TO BE SOFTENED?
Yes, absolutely! Having softened cream cheese is a MUST! You need to be able to spread the cream cheese evenly on the bottom of your pie dish.
You can either set the cream cheese out on your kitchen counter an hour before you ready to make this dip or you can place the cream cheese in the microwave for 10 seconds. (For me this is the best way to soften cream cheese FAST because I always forget to take it out of the fridge in time!)
WHAT ARE THE BEST TOPPINGS TO ADD?
Like I said before, you can just add cheese or you can load this pizza dip up with all your favorites. One of my favorites is to add chicken, mushrooms, and bacon…OMG, SOO GOOD!
CAN I MAKE THIS PIZZA DIP AHEAD OF TIME?
Sure can! You can make this dip ahead of time and then once your ready to serve it, all you need to do is bake it for 20 minutes!
WHAT DO YOU SERVE WITH PIZZA DIP?
I like to serve this pizza dip with garlic toast that I buy from the grocery store, but you can also serve it with breadsticks or even just tortilla chips.
Check out these other dip recipes for game day!
If you have tried this Best Pizza Dip recipe, then please rate it in the recipe card and let me know how it turned out in the comments below!
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups (8 oz,) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 10 pepperoni slices
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- garlic toast or garlic bread, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray a 9-inch pie dish with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, Italian seasoning and garlic powder.
- Spread cream cheese mixture on the bottom of the pie dish.
- In another bowl, combine shredded cheeses; sprinkle half over the cream cheese layer.
- Top with pizza sauce, half of the pepperoni and half of the black olives. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Top cheese layer with the remaining pepperoni and olives. Bake for 20 minutes. Serve warm.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 95 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 12mg Sodium: 244mg Carbohydrates: 6g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 1g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 4g
This blog post contains affiliate and/or referral links, which pay me a small commission for recommending my favorite products at no extra cost to you! Additionally, as an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.