Mini Cherry Pies Recipe
These are the absolute BEST cherry pies that are also so easy to bake! Only 3 ingredients make for very tasty mini cherry pies – perfect for your upcoming Thanksgiving party.
BEST CHERRY PIES
I’m a firm believer in that simple and easy dessert recipes, shouldn’t mean you’re sacrificing quality. I’m happy to report that these mini cherry pies are not only very easy to make – they’re delicious too!! These are easily one of the best cherry pie recipes and so sweet and delicious.
With Thanksgiving coming up, you’ll want to add these to your menu! Mini pies make holidays so easy since there’s no cutting involved. Simply serve and enjoy. Your guests will be thanking you for such a delicious treat by the end of the night.
EASY CHERRY PIES RECIPE
Now when I say easy, I really do mean an easy cherry pies recipe! It only takes 3 ingredients (2 if you don’t count the topping!) to make. While it does use store-bought pie crust, you are more than welcome to use my homemade pie crust recipe for an even tastier version!
With this mini cherry pies recipe, simply press the dough into a muffin tin, add some pie filling, and bake! It honestly couldn’t get any easier than that! If you’re in a pinch or just want to simplify your Thanksgiving menu, this is a recipe you’ll want to consider adding.
Now, let’s get to the recipe for these cherry pies, shall we?
MINI CHERRY PIES INGREDIENTS
For this recipe, you’ll need these super easy ingredients!
- PIE CRUST: You can use refrigerated pie crusts from the store or opt to make your own homemade pie crust!
- PIE FILLING: You’ll need some canned cherry pie filling (or another personal favorite) for this recipe.
- TOPPING: We enjoyed whipped topping with our mini cherry pies, but you can also add some vanilla ice cream for a tasty treat!
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE MINI CHERRY PIES
Scroll down for where you can find this simple step-by-step recipe!
- PREHEAT: Preheat the oven to 350F and spray a 12 count muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- PREPARE CRUST: Roll out pie crust onto a flat surface and cut out circles of pie dough using a round cookie cutter or bottom of a glass. Press the dough circle into the bottom of your muffin tin and repeat for each one.
- FILL AND BAKE: Fill each pie with cherry pie filling and then bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the crust is lightly golden.
- COOL AND SERVE: Remove and let cool for 15 minutes. Carefully use a knife to loosen the edges and gently lift each pie out. Top with whipped topping or vanilla ice cream and enjoy!
WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO CUT THE PIE CRUST?
I personally used this circle cookie cutter to make sure that each pie crust was the same size. But if you don’t have a circle cookie cutter, you can use the top of a glass and just press down and twist the glass into the pie crust dough.
CAN I USE OTHER PIE FILLINGS?
Absolutely! If you don’t like cherry pie, use your favorite pie filling or mix it up. Make some cherry and some apple, that way your guest will have options.
WHAT ARE THE BEST TOPPINGS FOR CHERRY PIE?
You can top your cherry pie with whipped cream or ice cream right before serving.
CAN I BAKE THESE AHEAD OF TIME AND FREEZE?
Yes! Once cooled, place them on a cookie sheet and place them in the freezer. Once frozen, you can slip them into a plastic bag for easy storage. They will last up to 3 months in the freezer. If you have lots to bake for a holiday party, this is a great option so you’re not stuck baking all in one day.
Check out these other delicious cherry dessert recipes!
- Cherry Bars Recipe
- Sweet Cherry Bread
- Cherry Almond Cake
- Cherry Chocolate Chip Bars
- Cherry Chocolate Chip Brownies
If you have tried this Cheesy Hash Brown Casserole recipe, then please rate it in the recipe card and let me know how it turned out in the comments below!
- 2 packages refrigerated pie crusts
- 2 21oz. cans cherry pie filling
- whipped topping
- Pre-heat oven to 350F degrees. Spray 12 muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray.
- Roll out a single pie crust on a flat surface. Using a round cookie cutter or small bowl, cut out circles of pie dough. Press dough circle into the bottom of a muffin tin. Repeat with remaining dough to fill all 12 muffin tins.
- Fill each pie with about 1 Tablespoon of cherry pie filling. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the crust is lightly golden.
- Remove and let cool for at least 15 minutes. Then very carefully use a knife to loosen the edges of each pie and gently lift each pie out. Top with whipped topping and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 247Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 138mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 2g
This blog post contains affiliate and/or referral links, which pay me a small commission for recommending my favorite products at no extra cost to you! Additionally, as an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.