The Best Banana Nut Bread
This Banana Nut Bread is a family favorite!
This banana nut bread is so good, you’ll never think of another homemade bread ever again.
Seriously, get ready for your taste buds to fall in love.
Now, let me just say…I’ve always been a fan of banana nut bread.
I love everything about it.
The flavors, the crunch, the sweetness…but it wasn’t until I created and made this homemade bread recipe that I know I’ve forever spoiled myself.
Some people like to have different nuts added into their banana bread while others don’t.
And don’t worry, this banana nut bread can be made with, or without nuts.
But if you want to add some nuts, you can add in walnuts, almonds, or even pecans. They’re all really, really good.
The key to good banana bread? Making certain that you don’t overcook it.
Banana bread should be moist and dense and just really have that flavor and taste linger in your mouth. And trust me, friends, this banana bread recipe does all that and more.
Call up your friends, invite them over for a brunch or a cup of coffee and cook up a load of this delicious bread.
There’s nothing better than sharing it with your family and friends when it’s hot and fresh out of the oven!
BANANA NUT BREAD INGREDIENTS
● BUTTER: 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter. Make sure that your butter is softened before you start baking. I like to set the butter on the kitchen counter for about 1 hour before I begin baking.
● SUGAR: 1 cup granulated sugar.
● EGGS: 2 large eggs. Beat the eggs in a small bowl using a fork.
● BANANAS: 3 ripe (brown) bananas. I like to mash the bananas in the same bowl that I beat the eggs in. I’m all about fewer dishes!
● ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR: 2 cups of all-purpose flour.
● BAKING SODA: 1 teaspoon baking soda.
● SALT: 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
● PECANS: 1 cup of chopped pecans.
HOW TO MAKE BANANA NUT BREAD
PRE-STEP: Preheat oven to 375F degrees. Spray a 9×5 loaf pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
STEP 2: In a small bowl, beat eggs using a fork. Add eggs to sugar mixture and beat until combined.
STEP 3: Using a small bowl, mash bananas. Add mashed bananas to the mixture and combine.
STEP 4: Sift all dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add sifted dry ingredients to banana mixture and mix until flour is just combined. Stir in pecans.
STEP 5: Pour banana bread mixture into prepared loaf pan and bake at 375F for 15 minutes. REDUCE heat to 350F and bake for an additional 40-45 minutes until edges are slightly brown or until the toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
STEP 6: Let cool completely before removing from loaf pan.
BAKING TIPS & FAQ’s
WHY DOES MY BANANA BREAD SINK IN THE MIDDLE?: Want to know the trick to get the big, fluffy top!? Well, it’s easy, all you do is bake the banana bread at 375F for 15 minutes, then reduce the heat to 350F and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
DON’T LET THE TOP BURN: Don’t let the top of your bread BURN! About halfway through baking this bread, make sure to check to see if the top of the bread is getting too brown, just place a piece of aluminum foil over the top of bread for the rest of the baking time to avoid burning the top of the bread.
CAN I FREEZE BANANA BREAD?: YES!! Banana Nut Bread freezes very well for up to 3 months. When ready to enjoy, place bread in the refrigerator overnight to thaw. Then place the bread on your kitchen countertop for about 30-60 minutes to allow it to come to room temperature before slicing.
ELECTRIC MIXER: I love my KitchenAid Mixer, I use it for everything. Makes baking so much easier!
MIXING BOWLS: I love these mixing bowls, they’re so durable and the colors are so fun!
BREAD LOAF PANS: These are the bread loaf pans that I used to make this banana nut bread.
MORE BANANA BREAD RECIPES
CONNECT WITH DELICIOUSLY SPRINKLED
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA, SO YOU NEVER MISS A RECIPE
GET EASY-TO-MAKE RECIPES AND MORE…STRAIGHT TO YOUR EMAIL!
RATE THIS RECIPE
IF YOU MADE THIS RECIPE & LOVED IT!
PLEASE GIVE IT A 5 STAR RATING IN THE RECIPE BELOW!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped, pecans
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees. Spray a 9x5 loaf pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using a hand or stand mixer cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs using a fork. Add eggs to sugar mixture and beat until combined.
- Using a small bowl, mash bananas. Add mashed bananas to the mixture and combine.
- Sift all dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add sifted dry ingredients to banana mixture and mix until flour is just combined. Stir in pecans.
- Pour banana bread mixture into prepared loaf pan and bake at 375F for 15 minutes. REDUCE heat to 350F and bake for an additional 40-45 minutes until edges are slightly brown or until the toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before removing from loaf pan.
FREEZE: This Banana Nut Bread can be frozen for up to 3 months.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 309 Total Fat: 15g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 51mg Sodium: 267mg Carbohydrates: 41g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 21g Protein: 4g
SHARE IT ON INSTAGRAM
WE LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE.
SHARE IT ON INSTAGRAM AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTO!
USE HASHTAG #DELICIOUSLYSPRINKLED
CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO PIN THIS RECIPE FOR LATER!
FOLLOW US ON PINTEREST!
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for recommending my favorite products at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting Deliciously Sprinkled.