EASY CHICKEN FRIED RICE RECIPE
Chicken Fried Rice is one of the easiest weeknight dinners!
BEST CHICKEN FRIED RICE RECIPE
There are few meals that are as simple and delicious as Chicken Fried Rice. With just one spoonful, you’ll get a mouthful of rice, veggie, and meat!
I love going and eating out at Chinese restaurants. But when that isn’t an option, I know that this Chicken Fried Rice recipe is going to fit that need. And honestly, it packs so much taste and flavor that this dish can easily stand on its own.
Some people get fried rice as a side dish to accompany something else…but when I cook up this fried rice recipe from scratch, I know that this is the only thing on my mind. Bite after bite, I’m able to taste every single morsel of food in this recipe and every single bite is 100% delicious.
While this rice recipe calls for green beans, carrots, and peas, you can honestly add in anything that your heart desires. Throw in some onions or fresh jalapenos if you’d like! There’s really no wrong way to cook this awesome dish up!
And if you’re wondering if you can save some to eat the next day, of course you can! Just store it in a container and pop it in the microwave when you’re ready to reheat. It’s seriously as simple as that!
CHICKEN FRIED RICE INGREDIENTS
- frozen mixed vegetables
- garden vegetable ready rice
- rotisserie chicken
- olive oil
- sesame seed oil
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN FRIED RICE
To make this chicken fried rice, simply:
STEP 1: Prepare frozen vegetables according to package directions.
STEP 2: In a large skillet, heat 1 Tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat.
STEP 3: Pour in eggs; cook and stir until eggs are thickened and no liquid eggs remain. Remove eggs from the pan.
STEP 4: In the same skillet, heat 2 Tablespoons of sesame oil and remaining olive oil over medium-high heat. Add rice; cook and stir for 10-12 minutes or until rice begin to brown.
STEP 5: Stir in shredded chicken, salt and pepper. Add eggs and vegetables; heat through, breaking eggs into small pieces and stirring to combine. Drizzle with remaining sesame oil.
CAN I USE SHRIMP OR HAM INSTEAD OF CHICKEN?
YES! If you use shrimp, I would use smaller shrimp. And if you are using ham, I would use between 1-2 cups of diced ham.
WHAT KIND OF RICE TO USE FOR FRIED RICE RECIPE?
I like to use the garden vegetable ready rice because I’m all about making dinner as easy as possible. But you can use regular long-grain rice, jasmine rice or brown rice. Just make sure you cook the rice the day before you plan on making fried rice.
MORE EASY WEEKNIGHT DINNER RECIPES
- 1 package (12 oz.) frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 Tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 3 packages (8.8 oz. each) garden vegetable ready rice
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
1. Prepare frozen vegetables according to package directions.
2. In a large skillet, heat 1 Tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat.
3. Pour in eggs; cook and stir until eggs are thickened and no liquid eggs remain. Remove eggs from the pan.
4. In the same skillet, heat 2 Tablespoons of sesame oil and remaining olive oil over medium-high heat. Add rice; cook and stir for 10-12 minutes or until rice begin to brown.
5. Stir in shredded chicken, salt and pepper. Add eggs and vegetables; heat through, breaking eggs into small pieces and stirring to combine. Drizzle with remaining sesame oil.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 226 Total Fat: 15g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 11g Cholesterol: 82mg Sodium: 227mg Carbohydrates: 10g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 1g Protein: 13g
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for recommending my favorite products at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting Deliciously Sprinkled.