SLOW COOKER BROCCOLI CHEDDAR SOUP
This Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheddar Soup is the BEST soup ever. It’s the perfect cheesy comfort food.
EASY BROCCOLI CHEDDAR SOUP
I love broccoli cheddar soup!
Every time we go to Panera Bread, I always get their broccoli cheddar soup.
It’s so good and I wanted to come up with a recipe that I could make broccoli cheddar soup at home.
So I looked around Pinterest and I just couldn’t find a broccoli cheddar soup recipe that was easy without a million ingredients.
So I came up with my own recipe.
Not only is this recipe EASY to make but it taste just like Panera Bread’s broccoli cheddar soup but better.
I now make this soup all the time for my husband and I.
And the best part, it only takes 2 hours to make in the slow cooker.
It also freezes well, so I can enjoy broccoli cheese soup whenever I want.
INGREDIENTS FOR BROCCOLI CHEDDAR SOUP
✓ CHEDDAR CHEESE SOUP
✓MRS. DASH ORIGINAL SEASONING
✓ ONION POWDER
✓ GARLIC SALT
✓SHREDDED CHEDDAR CHEESE
HOW TO MAKE BROCCOLI CHEDDAR SOUP IN THE SLOW COOKER
SHREDDED CHEDDAR CHEESE: It’s very IMPORTANT that you use a block of cheddar cheese and grate it yourself. Packaged shredded cheese is coated in starch to prevent the cheese from sticking together which also makes it hard for the cheese to melt properly in the soup. Trust me, I’ve tried every brand of pre-packaged shredded cheese in hopes that it would melt properly and they always failed or left a “grainy” texture to the soup.
FREEZE IT: We always have leftovers because it’s just my husband and I right now, so I just place the leftovers in a freezer bag and it stays good in the freezer up to 3 months.
TOPPINGS: I love to serve this broccoli cheddar soup with croutons and extra shredded cheese.
- 1 (16 oz.) package frozen broccoli florets
- 1 (10 oz.) package shredded carrots
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 (10.75 oz.) cans condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 (8oz.) package cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Mrs. Dash original seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Place broccoli, carrots, onion, cheddar cheese soups and broth in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours or LOW for 4-6 hours.
- Stir in milk, cream cheese, ground mustard, Mrs. Dash, onion powder, and garlic salt. Cook for 10-15 minutes or until cream cheese is melted.
- Stir in cheddar cheese until melted. Add salt and pepper.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 610 Total Fat: 45g Saturated Fat: 26g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 14g Cholesterol: 137mg Sodium: 2195mg Carbohydrates: 24g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 7g Protein: 29g