Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheddar Soup
This Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheddar Soup is the BEST soup ever. It’s the perfect cheesy comfort food, and it’s incredibly easy to make. Treat yourself to a bowl of this decadent soup on a rainy day – it’s sure to warm you up!
EASY BROCCOLI CHEDDAR SOUP
I love broccoli cheddar soup! Every time we go to Panera Bread, I always get their broccoli cheddar soup. It’s one of my favorite restaurant staples, so I wanted to come up with a recipe at home that was similar… but even better.
With every broccoli cheddar soup recipe that I checked out online, there were tons of ingredients and extensive steps to take just to make a pot of it! Not wanting to deal with all that mess, I developed my own easy-peasy (and just as delicious) recipe!
Now, instead of going to somewhere like Panera to get my broccoli cheddar soup fix, I can just head to the kitchen and whip up a batch in my slow cooker. I make this stuff ALL the time for my husband and I! It only takes about 2 hours to make, and it also freezes well so I can make it ahead of time too. Now, I can have my favorite soup whenever I want!
INGREDIENTS FOR BROCCOLI CHEDDAR SOUP
- FROZEN BROCCOLI: 1 (16 oz.) package frozen broccoli florets
- SHREDDED CARROTS: 1 (10 oz.) package shredded carrots
- ONION: 1 medium onion, chopped
- CHEDDAR CHEESE SOUP: 2 (10.75 oz.) cans condensed cheddar cheese soup
- CHICKEN BROTH: 1 cups chicken broth
- MILK: 1 cups whole milk
- GROUND MUSTARD: 1/4 tsp ground mustard
- MRS. DASH ORIGINAL SEASONING: 1/4 tsp Mrs. Dash original seasoning
- ONION POWDER: 1/4 tsp onion powder
- GARLIC SALT: 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- CREAM CHEESE: 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, cubed
- GRATED CHEDDAR CHEESE: 4 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- SALT: 1 tsp salt
- PEPPER: 1 tsp pepper
How to Make Broccoli Cheddar Soup in the Slow Cooker
PLACE: Place the broccoli, carrots, onion, cheddar cheese soup and broth in your slow cooker.
COOK: Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours or LOW for 4-6 hours.
STIR AND COOK: Stir in milk, cream cheese, ground mustard, Mrs. Dash, onion powder, and garlic salt. Cook for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the cream cheese is melted.
SERVE: Just before serving, stir in the grated cheddar cheese until it’s nice and melted. Then, just add a little bit of salt and pepper. Serve and enjoy!
Tips for the Best Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Use the best slow cooker! I used my 6-quart slow cooker to make this broccoli cheddar soup. And don’t forget to use these slow cooker liners for easy cleanup.
- It’s very important that you use a block of cheddar cheese and grate it yourself. Packaged shredded cheese is coated in starch to prevent the cheese from sticking together, which also makes it hard for the cheese to melt properly in the soup. Trust me, I’ve tried every brand of pre-packaged shredded cheese in hopes that it would melt properly and they always failed or left a “grainy” texture to the soup.
- We always have leftovers because it’s just my husband and I right now, so I just place the leftovers in a freezer bag and it stays good in the freezer up to 3 months.
- When it comes to toppings, I love to serve this broccoli cheddar soup with croutons and extra shredded cheese.
We’re getting closer to fall every day, and you know what that means! It’s time to bring out all the tried and true soup recipes. If you liked using a slow cooker in this recipe, you’ll also love my Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup and Slow Cooker Cheesy Potato Soup. If stovetop is more your speed, then check out my recipes for Easy Taco Soup!
- 1 (16 oz.) package frozen broccoli florets
- 1 (10 oz.) package shredded carrots
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 (10.75 oz.) cans condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 (8oz.) package cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Mrs. Dash original seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Place broccoli, carrots, onion, cheddar cheese soups and broth in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours or LOW for 4-6 hours.
- Stir in milk, cream cheese, ground mustard, Mrs. Dash, onion powder, and garlic salt. Cook for 10-15 minutes or until cream cheese is melted.
- Stir in cheddar cheese until melted. Add salt and pepper.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 610Total Fat: 45gSaturated Fat: 26gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 137mgSodium: 2195mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 2gSugar: 7gProtein: 29g
This blog post contains affiliate and/or referral links, which pay me a small commission for recommending my favorite products at no extra cost to you! Additionally, as an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.