Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies
These Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies are the perfection of how every cookie should truly taste.
Let’s be honest with one another…Peanut Butter just makes everything better.
Think about it…Peanut Butter can be added to fruit (apples), vegetables (celery), bread and even as a flavor enhancer for certain noodle dishes…but these Peanut Butter Cup Cookies really and truly take the cake.
If I had to choose a cookie that I would gladly eat every day for the rest of my life, this would be the one.
Not only are they jam-packed with Peanut Butter Cups, they also have peanut butter chocolate chips and salted caramel peanuts.
I literally can’t even read that without my mouth watering.
Can you imagine taking a warm batch of these out of the oven and enjoying bite after bite with a nice cold glass of milk?
You don’t have to imagine it that much longer because this Peanut Butter Cup Cookie recipe is just waiting for you to make it.
Perfect for a snack, birthdays, or as a dessert to literally compliment any meal, don’t make your taste buds wait any longer when it comes to these ooey-gooey chewy cookies.
You’ll be hooked from the first bite!
HOW TO MAKE PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
DON’T OVERMIX: With almost all my cookie recipes, I always make sure to remind you to not OVERMIX the cookie dough. Meaning, when you mix the flour mixture into the wet ingredients, only mix them together until just combined…you should still see some flour in your mixing bowl.
REESE’S PEANUT BUTTER CUPS: To easily chop the peanut butter cups, freeze them in their wrappers for 30-60 minutes. Then unwrap and coarsely chop the frozen peanut butter cups.
SCOOPING THE COOKIE DOUGH: I always use a 1 Tablespoon cookie scoop, each cookie dough ball has “2 scoops” of cookie dough, meaning that each cookie dough ball is 2 Tablespoons in size. In my opinion, this is the perfect sized cookie. If you don’t have a cookie scoop, you can use an ice cream scooper but you will only need 1 ice cream scoop of cookie dough.
★ And to make it super easier for you to learn how to scoop the perfect cookie, I created a step-by-step guide on How To Scoop The Perfect Cookie!
MORE COOKIE RECIPES
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup peanut butter chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup salted caramel peanuts
- 3/4 cup (about 14) mini peanut butter cups, chopped
- additional chocolate chips and chopped peanut butter cups, for topping
- Preheat oven to 370F degrees. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium size bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric or stand mixer, cream together the butter, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, and vanilla extract until combined.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing between each egg.
- Add flour mixture and mix until just combined. DO NOT OVERMIX!
- Using a spatula, stir in chocolate chips, peanuts, and peanut butter cups until combined.
- Using a cookie scoop/ice cream scooper, scoop dough into balls about 2 Tablespoons each and place onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, rotate baking sheet clockwise and bake for additional 4-5 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
- Immediately after taking cookies out of the oven, place additional chocolate chips and peanut butter cups on top of cookies, let cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet before moving them to a wire rack.
* STORE: Cookies will stay fresh for up to 7 days in an airtight container, stored at room temperature.
* FREEZING: Roll the dough into balls and place them in an airtight container. You can freeze the cookie dough for up to 2 months. To bake, place frozen cookie dough balls onto prepared baking sheet and bake for 16-18 minutes.