Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies are classic treats that are pretty impossible to beat. Skip the store-bought cookie dough and instead, make this quick and easy homemade recipe! These cookies always turn out perfectly soft, yet crunchy around the edges, with plenty of scrumptious peanut butter and chocolate flavor.
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies
These chocolate chip peanut butter cookies are the definition of a perfect cookie. I mean really, let’s be honest with one another… peanut butter just makes everything better! Whether it’s apples, celery, bread, or smoothies, peanut butter adds that extra oomph (for lack of a better term) that elevates the original snack like crazy. When it comes to chocolate chip cookies, that rule definitely holds – they’re so much better with peanut butter!
When I really think about it, if I had to choose a cookie that I would gladly eat every day for the rest of my life, this would be the one. Dramatic? Yes. True? Yes! Not only are they jam-packed with peanut butter cups, they also have peanut butter chocolate chips and salted caramel peanuts. The flavor profile is downright mouthwatering! I love loaded cookies like these, because they’re just over the top enough that there’s something in there for everyone.
Peanut butter chocolate chip cookies are perfect as a snack, for making a big batch at birthday parties, or as a dessert to compliment pretty much any meal. With Christmas right around the corner, these ooey-gooey cookies are also ideal for cookie exchanges, or for leaving next to a tall glass of milk for Santa Claus! They’re easy to make from scratch and impossible to eat just one of. Trust me – you’ll be hooked from the first bite.
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies Ingredients
- FLOUR: 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- BAKING SODA: 1 tsp baking soda
- SALT: 1/2 tsp salt
- BUTTER: 12 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- SUGAR: 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- LIGHT BROWN SUGAR: 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- VANILLA: 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- EGGS: 2 large eggs
- PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIPS: 3/4 cup peanut butter chocolate chips
- SALTED CARAMEL PEANUTS: 3/4 cup salted caramel peanuts
- MINI PEANUT BUTTER CUPS: 3/4 cup (about 14) mini peanut butter cups, chopped
How to Make Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies
PREP. Preheat the oven to 370°F and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
WHISK. Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium sized bowl. Set aside.
CREAM. In a large bowl, using an electric or stand mixer, cream together the butter, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, and vanilla extract until combined.
ADD ALL INGREDIENTS. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing between each one. Mix in the flour until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips, peanuts, and peanut butter cups with a spatula.
SCOOP. Using a cookie scoop to scoop the dough into balls. Place them on the prepared baking sheet.
BAKE. Bake the cookies for 10 minutes, then rotate the baking sheet clockwise and bake for an additional 4-5 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
COOL. Immediately after removing the cookies from the oven, top them off with additional chocolate chips and peanut butter cups. Let them cool for about 5 minutes on the baking sheet before moving to a wire rack.
Tips for the BEST Homemade Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies
- DON’T OVER MIX: With almost all of my cookie recipes, I always make sure to remind you to not over mix the cookie dough! Meaning, when you mix the flour mixture into the wet ingredients, only mix the dough together until just combined. You should still see some flour in your mixing bowl. If you over mix the dough, the consistency of the cookies will be all wrong.
- PEANUT BUTTER CUPS: To easily chop the peanut butter cups, freeze them in their wrappers for 30-60 minutes. Then, unwrap and coarsely chop the frozen peanut butter cups. Trust me, this little hack will make life so much easier!
- SCOOPING THE COOKIE DOUGH: I always use a 1 Tablespoon cookie scoop. That way, each cookie dough ball has “2 scoops” of cookie dough, meaning that each cookie dough ball is 2 Tablespoons in size. In my opinion, this is the perfect sized cookie. If you don’t have a cookie scoop, you can use an ice cream scooper but you will only need 1 ice cream scoop of cookie dough. When all of the cookies are the same exact size, they’ll bake evenly and look great together.
- And to make it super easy for you to learn how to scoop the perfect cookie, I created a step-by-step guide on How To Scoop The Perfect Cookie!
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup peanut butter chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup salted caramel peanuts
- 3/4 cup (about 14) mini peanut butter cups, chopped
- additional chocolate chips and chopped peanut butter cups, for topping
- Preheat oven to 370F degrees. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium size bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric or stand mixer, cream together the butter, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, and vanilla extract until combined.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing between each egg.
- Add flour mixture and mix until just combined. DO NOT OVERMIX!
- Using a spatula, stir in chocolate chips, peanuts, and peanut butter cups until combined.
- Using a cookie scoop/ice cream scooper, scoop dough into balls about 2 Tablespoons each and place onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, rotate baking sheet clockwise and bake for additional 4-5 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
- Immediately after taking cookies out of the oven, place additional chocolate chips and peanut butter cups on top of cookies, let cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet before moving them to a wire rack.
* STORE: Cookies will stay fresh for up to 7 days in an airtight container, stored at room temperature.
* FREEZING: Roll the dough into balls and place them in an airtight container. You can freeze the cookie dough for up to 2 months. To bake, place frozen cookie dough balls onto prepared baking sheet and bake for 16-18 minutes.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for recommending my favorite products at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting Deliciously Sprinkled.