Crockpot Mac & Cheese
If you’re on the hunt for the BEST crockpot mac and cheese recipe – you’re in for a real treat! This homemade mac and cheese is creamy, cheesy, and the ultimate comfort food.
EASY CROCKPOT MAC & CHEESE
I’m happy to report that this is truly an easy crockpot mac and cheese recipe! Cook some pasta, throw in the ingredients, and walk away. It can be hard to wait a few hours for mac and cheese but trust me when I say that this is worth it!!!
I had to really go through some trial and error with this one. I eventually came up with the perfect combination of cheeses to constitute this as the best creamy crockpot mac and cheese. You are going to LOVE this recipe – it’s pure heaven.
I love loading up a bowl of this stuff while I veg out on the couch watching Friends reruns now and again. (Is there anything better than that, really?!)
Mac and cheese is known as the ultimate comfort food around here and this recipe for crockpot mac and cheese brings it to a new level. It’s so creamy, so cheesy, and truly mouthwatering. You won’t be able to get a plate fast enough!!
It also makes a great addition at potlucks, holiday parties, or even to throw in your kids lunch boxes. You’ll find all kinds of occasions to whip up this easy crockpot mac and cheese – guaranteed!
CROCKPOT MAC & CHEESE INGREDIENTS
For the BEST crockpot mac and cheese, you’ll need these ingredients:
- ELBOW NOODLES: You’ll need an 8-ounce box of elbow noodles or you can use shell noodles, if you prefer.
- COOKING OIL: Any cooking oil will work for this recipe – we used vegetable oil.
- MELTED BUTTER: For best results, cool to room temperature.
- EVAPORATED MILK: This is what makes our mac and cheese nice and creamy!
- CHEDDAR CHEESE SOUP: Cheddar cheese soup really adds some flavor to our cheeses.
- CHEDDAR CHEESE: Grab a block of your favorite cheese and freshly grate it. Packaged shredded cheese is not recommended for this recipe!
- SALT AND PEPPER: Add as much salt and pepper as you prefer – to taste.
- PARMESAN CHEESE: Grated parmesan cheese really gives this recipe the perfect touch.
HOW TO MAKE CROCKPOT MAC & CHEESE
Want to print this off for later? Scroll down for a step-by-step printable recipe!
- COOK PASTA: Cook the pasta as directed, but undercook by 1-2 minutes of what it says on the box. Toss the noodles in 2 tablespoons of oil.
- ADD TO CROCKPOT: Spray crockpot with non-stick cooking spray. Then, add the noodles, melted butter, evaporated milk, cheddar cheese soup, 3 cups of cheddar cheese, salt, and pepper; mix well.
- TOP WITH CHEESE: Sprinkle the remaining cup of cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese over the top. Do not mix it again – just leave it!
- COOK AND SERVE: Cook for 3-4 hours on low and then serve and enjoy!
CAN I USE VELVETTA CHEESE INSTEAD?
I don’t recommend it! This recipe contains the perfect combinations of cheeses to yield the most creamy and delicious end result. If you substitute for velvetta cheese, you will not get the same results as other cheeses.
WILL REGULAR MILK WORK FOR THIS RECIPE?
Yes, but no. Evaporated milk does not include the fats found in milk and is more concentrated. It makes this recipe very creamy so while you could use milk, you will not get the same result.
CAN CROCKPOT MAC & CHEESE BE MADE AHEAD OF TIME?
Yes it can! In fact, you can even freeze mac and cheese, if desired. It will last 3-5 days in the refrigerator when stored in a shallow airtight container. You can also freeze it for 1-2 months in an airtight container. It will last beyond that point, but that will yield best results.
CAN MAC & CHEESE SIT OUT?
Not for very long. Since it contains dairy and bacteria grows rapidly at warmer temperatures, you’ll want to discard it if it’s left out for more than 2 hours.
WHAT CAN I SERVE WITH MAC & CHEESE?
My oh my – what can’t you serve with mac and cheese! Here are some options to get you started:
- Roasted broccoli
- Sweet potatoes
- Popcorn chicken
- Burger bites (or put it IN a burger!)
- Light salads
- Baked chicken
- Stuffed peppers
- Roasted mushrooms
- Fried spinach
And of course, you can load up a bowl while you watch Friends reruns on the couch in the middle of the afternoon. Your choice!
Be sure to check out these other crockpot recipes!
If you have tried this Crockpot Mac & Cheese recipe, then please rate it in the recipe card and let me know how it turned out in the comments below!
- 8 ounces elbow or shell noodles
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 can evaporated milk, 12 ounces
- 1 can cheddar cheese soup
- 4 cups FRESHLY grated cheddar cheese, divided
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook noodles as directed, but undercook the noodles by 1-2 minutes of what it says on the box. Toss cooked noodles with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Spray crockpot with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add cooked noodles, melted butter, evaporated milk, cheddar cheese soup and 3 cups of cheddar cheese, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1 cup cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese over the top. DO NOT MIX AGAIN!
- Cook for 3-4 hours on low, serve and enjoy!!
- It is not recommended to use packaged shredded cheese. Make sure you freshly grate the cheddar cheese!
This blog post contains affiliate and/or referral links, which pay me a small commission for recommending my favorite products at no extra cost to you! Additionally, as an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.