How to Make Homemade Buttermilk
Buttermilk is an ingredient called for in many recipes but it’s one of those items many people don’t keep in their refrigerator at all times, not even me. Fortunately, there are a number of ways to make a buttermilk substitution that works and tastes the same as the real thing. One way I do this is with regular milk, white vinegar, and lemon juice, which are ingredients most people always have in their kitchen. I use this substitute in all my recipes on the blog and it only takes a few minutes to make.
Step-by-Step on How to Make Homemade Buttermilk:
Homemade Buttermilk Recipe
Buttermilk is an ingredient called for in many recipes but it’s one of those items many people don’t keep in their refrigerator at all times, not even me. This is the substitute I use in all of my recipes!Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 cup milk
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice or white vinegar
- Stir in lemon juice or white vinegar into 1 cup of milk.
- Let mixture stand at room temperature for about 5-10 minutes.
- When it’s ready the milk with be slightly thickened and you will see small curdles. Use buttermilk as directed in the recipe.
- Bottled lemon juice is fine to use here!
Serving: 0.25cup, Calories: 37kcal, Carbohydrates: 3g, Protein: 2g, Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 0.4g, Cholesterol: 7mg, Sodium: 23mg, Potassium: 95mg, Fiber: 0.01g, Sugar: 3g, Vitamin A: 99IU, Vitamin C: 1mg, Calcium: 75mg, Iron: 0.003mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @deliciouslysprinkled on Instagram or tag #deliciouslysprinkled.
I used this recipe of buttermilk everyday.It looks tasty and healthy.