The Best Oreo Cupcakes
I’m not exaggerating when I say that these are the BEST Oreo Cupcakes you’ll ever have! Oreo bits are baked throughout soft, sweet, and moist white cupcakes. To top it all off is a decadent homemade cookies and cream frosting!
The Best Oreo Cupcakes
I know, I know. Claiming to have the “best” recipe always sparks a debate… But in this case, it’s totally true! These really are the BEST Oreo cupcakes ever, and they’re wonderfully easy to make on top of being downright delicious. The list of ingredients for both the cupcake batter and homemade icing are short and simple, making this one of my favorite inexpensive dessert recipes.
I’ll let you in on a little secret, too. The cupcake batter is made with cake mix! Gasp! I love a good cake mix recipe, especially when it’s so good you can’t even tell it’s cake mix! These cupcakes taste entirely from scratch, but they’re secretly super easy to whip up with whatever your favorite white cake mix is. When they’re frosted with the most incredible cookies and cream frosting, they become truly unforgettable!
So if you’re a cookies and cream fan like I am, these cupcakes are right up your alley. And let’s be honest, who’s not a cookies and cream fan? These are ideal for birthday parties, potlucks, or any other time you need a real crowd pleasing dessert. Everyone loves Oreos, everyone loves cupcakes, so it’s only probable that everyone will love these sweet treats!
Ingredients for Oreo Cupcakes
For the cupcakes, you’ll need:
- CAKE MIX: 1 (15.25 oz) box white cake mix
- MILK: 1 cup 2% milk
- OIL: 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- EGGS: 3 large whole eggs
- OREOS: 1 1/2 cups chopped Oreos
The frosting calls for:
- WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIPS: 1 cup white chocolate chips
- BUTTER: 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, softened
- CREAM CHEESE: 1/2 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- POWDERED SUGAR: 4-5 cups powdered sugar
- MILK: 2-3 tbsp milk
- OREOS: additional Oreos, optional garnish
How to Make the Best Oreo Cupcakes
PREP. Preheat your oven to 350°F and fill two cupcake tins with cupcake liners. Set aside.
MIX. In a mixing bowl, mix together the white cake mix, milk, vegetable oil, and large eggs. Stir until completely combined and there are no lumps. Then, fold in the chopped Oreos!
POUR. Pour the batter evenly into the cupcake liners, filling each one about 3/4 of the way full. You want to leave a little room so they can rise and not spill over the side.
BAKE. Bake the cupcakes for about 18-20 minutes!
COOL. Before frosting them, let the cupcakes cool completely. That way, they don’t melt the frosting.
MAKE THE FROSTING! To make the frosting, simply melt the white chocolate in the microwave. Then, beat the melted chocolate with the salted butter and cream cheese.
ENJOY! Frost each cupcakes with a piping bag, garnish with extra Oreos, and enjoy!
Stuff You Should Know!
- Your Oreo cupcakes will stay fresh for about 2-3 days when kept at room temperature. Just make sure they’re in an airtight container. If you want to keep them fresh for even longer, pop them in the fridge, where they’ll stay fresh for up to 5 days.
- To freeze, individually wrap each of the cupcakes (just the cupcakes, not the frosting), and pop them in the freezer. They’ll stay fresh for about 3-4 months.
- If you want to get a little creative, try using different Oreo flavors! These days, there always seems to be a new flavor of Oreo hitting the shelves.
There’s always time for a cupcake! If you agree, then you need to make some classic Vanilla Cupcakes, Funfetti Cupcakes, and Classic Chocolate Cupcakes with Vanilla Frosting. They’re all simply the best!
- 1 (15.25 ounce) box white cake mix
- 1 cup 2% milk
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 3 large whole eggs
- 1 ½ cups chopped Oreos
Cookies & cream Frosting:
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, softened
- ½ (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 4-5 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 Tablespoons milk
- Additional Oreos, optional garnish
MAKE OREO CUPCAKES:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and fill two cupcake tins
with cupcake liners. Set aside.
2. In a bowl, mix together the white cake mix, milk, vegetable oil, and large eggs. Stir until completely combined.
3. Fold in the chopped Oreos.
4. Pour batter into cupcake liners, filling each liner ¾ of the way full.
5. Place both cupcake tins into the oven on the same rack. If they cannot fit on the same rack, wait for one to be done before putting the next one in.
6. Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick
comes out clean.
7. Let the cupcakes cool completely before frosting. (about 20-30 minutes).
MAKE COOKIES & CREAM FROSTING:
1. To make the frosting, melt the white chocolate chips using a heat safe bowl in the microwave. Microwave in increments of 20 seconds. Stir in-between each interval to make sure the chocolate doesn’t overheat. Set aside to cool slightly.
2. In a large bowl, use a mixer to beat the salted butter and cream cheese until creamy.
3. Beat in 2 cups of powdered sugar along with
the slightly cooled chocolate.
4. Once the powdered sugar is completely incorporated, add in an additional 2 cups of powdered sugar along with 2 Tablespoons of
milk. Mix until completely combined.
5. Add more milk or powdered sugar in order to get a good piping consistency. It should be firm enough to hold its shape when piped
onto the cupcake.
1. Spoon frosting into a piping bag with desired tip (I used a 1M Wilton tip) and then pipe the frosting onto the tops of all the cupcakes using an upwards swirl.
2. Sprinkle with chopped Oreos and then top with one Oreo cookie, optional.
3. Hand these out to all your friends and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 528Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 101mgCarbohydrates: 109gFiber: 0gSugar: 102gProtein: 3g
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for recommending my favorite products at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting Deliciously Sprinkled.