Funfetti Peanut Butter Cookies
Homemade Funfetti Peanut Butter Cookies are soft, sweet, and sprinkled to perfection! If you love regular funfetti cookies, you’ll love this flavor packed peanut butter version. Rolled in sugar and topped with melted candies, these picturesque treats are too good to miss out on!
Funfetti Peanut Butter Cookies
Can you believe there are actually some people out there in the world that don’t like sprinkles? There are people out there – our friends, neighbors, and family members, who claim that they don’t love the “fun” in “funfetti.” Sad as that may be, I’ll never stop fighting to make everyone on this planet a believer in the power of fun, vibrant, and smile-inducing sprinkles!
That’s partially why I first whipped up a batch of these easy-peasy peanut butter cookies… with sprinkles. I figured that while some people may have a dislike of funfetti, there’s no way anyone could turn down a homemade peanut butter cookie, sprinkles or no! So far, I’ve been right about my hypothesis. Even my most anti-funfetti friends can’t get enough of these homemade treats.
Simply put, these are homemade peanut butter cookies that are aesthetically enhanced with the rainbow sprinkles of your choice, then rolled in sugar and baked to soft, warm perfection. What elevates them a step even further is the addition of a Kiss Cookies & Cream candy baked right into the middle of each sugary, peanut buttery, sprinkled delight!
Bring a batch of these sprinkled peanut butter cookies to a celebration of any kind to get the party started! Birthdays, bridal showers, graduations, you name it – everything’s more fun when you bring some funfetti cookies along with you.
Funfetti Peanut Butter Cookies Ingredients
- FLOUR: 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- BAKING SODA: 1 tsp baking soda
- SALT: 1/2 tsp salt
- SUGAR: 1/2 cup granulated sugar, plus additional sugar for rolling
- BROWN SUGAR: 1/2 cup brown sugar
- BUTTER: 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- PEANUT BUTTER: 1/2 cup peanut butter
- EGG: 1 large egg
- MILK: 2 tbsp milk
- VANILLA: 1 tsp vanilla extract
- SPRINKLES: 1/2 cup sprinkles, plus additional sprinkles for topping
- CANDIES: Kiss Cookies & Cream chocolate candies, unwrapped
How to Make Funfetti Peanut Butter Cookies
PREPARE. Preheat your oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
WHISK. Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
CREAM. Using an electric mixer, cream together the sugar, brown sugar, and butter until fluffy.
COMBINE. Add the peanut butter, egg, milk, and vanilla – mix until combined.
FORM THE DOUGH. Use a spatula to stir in the flour mixture until a dough forms. Do not over mix!
SCOOP. Scoop the dough into balls, then roll each one in sugar and sprinkles.
BAKE. Once the dough balls are placed on the prepared baking sheets, bake for 8-10 minutes.
ADD CANDY. Remove the cookies from the oven. Place one unwrapped candy on top of each cookie, and press lightly. Let the candies melt and add more sprinkles.
COOL. Allow the cookies to cool to room temperature, then enjoy!
Tips for the Best Funfetti Peanut Butter Cookies
- Make sure you already have the candies unwrapped and ready to go! That way, you can press them onto each cookie while they’re still warm enough from the oven to melt the candies.
- Do NOT over mix the dough! This could cause the cookies to have the wrong consistency, instead of the soft, risen consistency we’re looking for.
- Remember to leave your butter on the counter for about an hour so it’s soft enough to beat to a creamy consistency.
Variations to Try
- If you’re making these cookies for a specific occasion, feel free to change up the sprinkles! For Christmas, use red and green sprinkles. If you’re attending a baby shower, make them pink or blue. Either way – have fun!
- While the cookies & cream chocolate candy in the middle is my favorite way to top off these cookies, you can opt for another flavor of Kiss candy if you’d prefer.
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, plus additional sugar for rolling
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sprinkles, plus additional sprinkles for topping
- Kiss Cookies & Cream chocolate candies, unwrapped
PRE-STEP: Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
STEP 1: In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
STEP 2: Using an electric or stand mixer, cream together sugar, brown sugar, and butter until light and fluffy.
STEP 3: Add peanut butter, egg, milk, and vanilla; mix together until combined.
STEP 4: Using a spatula, stir in flour mixture until dough forms. DO NOT OVERMIX!
STEP 5: Scoop dough and shape into balls. Place about 1/2 cup of granulated sugar and sprinkles into a small bowl, roll dough balls into sugar/sprinkles. Place dough balls onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
STEP 6: Remove cookies from the oven. Place one unwrapped Kiss chocolate candy on top of each cookie and press lightly. Let Kiss chocolate melt on top of cookie and add more sprinkles on top. Let cookies cool completely on wire rack before enjoying!
* STORE: Cookies will stay fresh for up to 7 days in an airtight container, stored at room temperature.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 265Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 263mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 1gSugar: 22gProtein: 5g
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which we get paid a small commission for recommending my favorite products at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting Deliciously Sprinkled.