Last weekend, we celebrated Easter a week early with my extended family and this year we decided to mix things up and decorate Funfetti® Cupcakes instead of eggs. Decorating cupcakes is way more fun and tastes a lot better than eggs. And remember a couple weeks ago I told you that I stocked up on Funfetti® mixes on my weekly shopping trip to Walmart?
Well, that made it easy for me to bring everything we needed to decorate cupcakes to my families Easter celebration because I already had the Funfetti® cake mix and Funfetti® frosting mixes. My family loved using all different types of SPRINKLES to decorate their own cupcakes.
So this Easter, mix up a moment and make your own Funfetti® Cupcakes this Easter. HAPPY EASTER!
JUST A FEW BAKING TIPS:
✓ MELTED BUTTER INSTEAD OF OIL: I like to use melted butter instead of vegetable oil because it adds a little extra flavor to the cupcake and the cupcakes come out so moist. They taste homemade without all the work!
✓ SCOOPING THE BATTER: I like to use an ice cream scooper not only to frost these cupcakes but to also fill the cupcake batter into each cupcake tin. It makes it super easy and you know that each cupcake will be the same size.
✓ SAVE ON PILLSBURY™ PRODUCTS: Here is a COUPON for YOU to use to pick up your own mixes.
STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE ON HOW TO MAKE THESE FUNFETTI CUPCAKES:
- 1 box Pillsbury™ Spring Funfetti® Cake Mix
- ½ cup melted butter, 1 stick
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1 can Pillsbury™ Spring Funfetti® frosting
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees. Line (2) cupcake pans with 18 cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix cake mix, melted butter, water and eggs together until combined.
- Fill each cupcake liner about 3/4 the way full with cupcake batter. Bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow cupcakes to cool before frosting.
- Frost cooled cupcakes withPillsbury™ Spring Funfetti® frosting.
- Decorate frosting with sprinkles.
- Pick up extra sprinkles and fun holiday candy so everyone can really customize their cupcakes.
⇒ Discover more ways to #MixUpAMoment on Pillsbury™ Pinterest page!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of The J.M. Smucker Company. The opinions and text are all mine.