Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate lovers, these Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies are for you! ❤
I love a good chocolate chip cookie, and if you haven’t tried my recipe for The BEST Chocolate Chip Cookie you need to make them soon. So today, I used the same recipe as my chocolate chip cookies, but I just made some minor changes to make these super soft, chewy Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies.
You could also use mint chocolate chips for a fun St. Patrick’s Day cookie or white chocolate chips for a delicious twist on a black and white cookie. The options are endless with what you can do to make this Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookie your go-to cookie recipe.
JUST A FEW BAKING TIPS:
✔ With almost all my cookie recipes, I always make sure to remind you to not OVER MIX the cookie dough. Meaning, when you mix the flour mixture into the wet ingredients, only mix them together until just combined…you should still see some flour in your mixing bowl. Over mixing will lead to dry cookies, and no one likes a dry cookie!
✔ I always use a 1 Tablespoon cookie scoop but if you don’t have a cookie scoop you can use a 1 Tablespoon measuring spoon. Each cookie dough ball has “2 scoops” of cookie dough, meaning that each cookie dough ball is 2 Tablespoons in size. In my opinion, this is the perfect sized cookie.
★ And to make it super easier for you to learn how to scoop the perfect cookie, I created a step-by-step guide on How To Scoop The Perfect Cookie!
STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE ON HOW TO MAKE THESE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES:
- Preheat oven to 370F degrees. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder in a medium size bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric or stand mixer, cream together the margarine, granulated sugar, dark brown sugar, and vanilla extract until combined.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing between each egg.
- Add flour mixture and mix until just combined. DO NOT OVERMIX!
- Using a spatula, stir in chocolate chips until combined.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop dough into balls about 2 Tablespoons each and place onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or cookies start to crack on top.
- Immediately after taking cookies out of the oven, place additional chocolate chips on top of cookies, and let cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet before moving them to a wire rack.
- Freezing the cookie dough: Roll the dough into balls and place them in an airtight container. You can freeze the cookie dough for up to 2 months. Once your ready to bake them, place frozen cookie dough balls onto prepared baking sheet and bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Storing the cookies: Cookies will stay fresh for up to 7 days in an airtight container, stored at room temperature.
BAKING TOOLS I USED TO MAKE THESE COOKIES:
Check out more delicious Cookie Recipes…
And try The BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies next!