Homemade Raspberry Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Frosting
There is nothing better than waking up to Homemade Raspberry Cinnamon Rolls topped with a generous amount of cream cheese frosting. It always makes for a great start to the day.
These rolls are so tender, soft, fluffy and exploding with tart raspberry flavor! They take the classic homemade cinnamon roll to the next level. I made these cinnamon rolls with my favorite time-saving ingredient – Fleischmann’s® RapidRise™ Yeast. I highly suggest this yeast as it significantly cuts down on waiting/rising time. If you have ever made homemade cinnamon rolls before, you know that the “hardest” part about making them is the waiting.
With spring in full swing and summer just around the corner, these Homemade Raspberry Cinnamon Rolls are the perfect way to celebrate the warmer weather.
JUST A FEW BAKING TIPS:
✔ I highly recommend using Fleischmann’s® RapidRise™ Yeast. This will cut down the rise time, which means you will be able to enjoy these Homemade Raspberry Cinnamon Rolls a lot sooner!
✔ When rolling out the dough, I like to first add a small amount of vegetable oil to my surface rather than using flour. I also rub a bit of vegetable oil onto my rolling pin, making it super easy to roll out the dough.
✔ I like to line my 13 x 9 inch baking pan with parchment paper. This makes it super easy to remove the cinnamon rolls from the pan, and making it easy to pull each cinnamon roll apart to enjoy!
STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE ON HOW TO MAKE THESE HOMEMADE RASPBERRY CINNAMON ROLLS:
MAKE THE DOUGH:
AFTER REFRIGERATING DOUGH FOR 2 HOURS OR UP TO 2 DAYS:
- 4 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 2 envelopes Fleischmann's® RapidRise™ Yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ cup water
- ⅓ cup butter
- 2 large eggs
RASPBERRY CINNAMON FILLING:
- 24 ounces frozen raspberries, NOT THAWED
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoon Spice Islands® Ground Saigon Cinnamon
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- ½ cup salted butter, softened, 1 stick
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoon Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract
MAKE THE DOUGH:
- Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, granulated sugar, undissolved yeast and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Microwave milk, water, and 1/3 cup butter in a microwave safe bowl for 2 minutes or until warm; butter does not need to melt.
- Add butter mixture to flour mixture. Beat for 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Add eggs and 1/2 cup flour. Beat for 2 minutes on high speed.
- Stir in remaining 2 1/2 cups flour until batter forms.
- Cover dough tightly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours or up to 2 days.
AFTER DOUGH HAS BEEN REFRIGERATED, MAKE RASPBERRY CINNAMON FILLING:
- Line a 13 x 9 inch baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and punch down dough. Place dough onto a lightly greased surface; divide in half. Roll dough into a 16 x 10 inch rectangle.
- Sprinkle evenly with ground cinnamon, then top with frozen raspberries.
- Roll dough up tightly. Using a sharp knife, cut roll into 13 equal pieces. Place cinnamon rolls into prepared pan. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes in a warm place until cinnamon rolls double in size.
MAKE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- Using an electric mixer, beat together the butter and the cream cheese.
- Slowly mix in the powdered sugar and vanilla, then beat for 2 minutes until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
BAKE CINNAMON ROLLS:
- Pre-heat oven to 374F degrees.
- Bake cinnamon rolls for 15 minutes.
- Remove cinnamon rolls from pan and place onto wire rack. Frost tops of each cinnamon roll & enjoy!
- I like to preheat the oven to 300F degrees, turn the oven off. Then I place the covered cinnamon rolls into the oven for 30 minutes to rise and double in size.