Best Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
This is seriously the Best Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe you’re ever going to whip up! From start to finish, these homemade Peanut Butter Cookies take under 30 minutes to make. They’re sweet, rich with peanut butter flavor, and have the most incredible soft and chewy consistency. Speckled with white chocolate chips and peanuts, you’re going to love every bite of these cookies!
The Best Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
I love homemade cookies, but I don’t always love how long they take… And that’s why I really obsess over easy recipes like this one! These truly are the BEST Peanut Butter Cookies ever, and they’re shockingly quick and easy to make. While it’s totally tempting to buy a store bought container of cookie dough, this recipe yields much better cookies and the little extra effort is so worth it!
Besides the rich, sweet peanut butter flavor, the consistency is the true key to happiness here. The cookies bake into soft, chewy perfection, complete with crisp outsides and warm, almost doughy middles. Chopped peanuts and white chocolate chips lend even more peanut-y and sweet flavor while also adding a slight added crunch to each bite.
Make a batch of the Best Peanut Butter cookies for an upcoming birthday party, a night watching movies with the family, or just for fun! With a recipe this simple, you really don’t need an occasion to whip up a batch of homemade Peanut Butter Cookies. They’re the perfect sweet treat to indulge in as an after dinner treat or a midday pick me up!
You won’t find any frills in this hassle free cookie recipe. It may be homemade, but that shouldn’t mean it’s hard! The beauty of these cookies is really in their simplicity.
Ingredients for the Best Peanut Butter Cookies
- BUTTER – ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- CRISCO – ½ cup Crisco
- PEANUT BUTTER – 1 cup peanut butter
- SUGAR – 1 cup granulated sugar
- BROWN SUGAR – 1 cup brown sugar
- EGGS – 2 eggs
- FLOUR – 2 cups all-purpose flour
- BAKING SODA – 1 teaspoon baking soda
- SALT – ½ teaspoon salt
- WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIPS – 1 cup white chocolate chips
- PEANUTS – 1 cup chopped peanuts
How to Make the Best Peanut Butter Cookies
PREP. Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
CREAM THE PEANUT BUTTER. Using an electric stand or hand mixer, mix the butter, crisco and peanut butter together until creamy.
ADD THE SUGARS. Add granulated sugar and brown sugar. Mix until combined.
ADD EGGS. Beat in eggs one at a time.
ADD THE DRY INGREDIENTS. Slowly add in flour, baking soda and salt. Mix until combined.
ADD THE CHOCOLATE AND PEANUTS. Stir chocolate chips and peanuts.
SCOOP THE DOUGH. Using a cookie scoop, scoop dough into balls about 1.5 Tablespoons each.
BAKE AND COOL. Bake for 15 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes on a baking sheet before moving them to a wire rack. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
Be careful not to eat the cookies too soon! I know, you’ll take one look at these cookies and reach for one, but you won’t be able to taste the peanut buttery goodness if you burn your mouth!
Tips for the Best Peanut Butter Cookies
- Don’t mix the dough too much! If you do, you could ruin the consistency of the cookies. Just mix everything in order until combined.
- Let the cookies cool for just a few minutes on the baking sheet before you transfer them to a wire rack. If you try to move them too soon, they’ll break apart.
- You can swap the white chocolate chips for milk chocolate, but I find that the way the white chocolate pairs with the peanut butter is heavenly!
I’m always going cookie crazy. More of my favorite peanut butter cookie recipes include (but certainly aren’t limited to) Funfetti Peanut Butter Cookies, Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies, and of course M&M Peanut Butter Cookies!
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup Crisco
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped peanuts
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- Using an electric stand or hand mixer, mix the butter, crisco and peanut butter together until creamy.
- Add granulated sugar and brown sugar. Mix until combined.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Slowly add in flour, baking soda and salt. Mix until combined.
- Stir chocolate chips and peanuts.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop dough into balls about 1.5 Tablespoons each.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes on a baking sheet before moving them to a wire rack. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 488Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 378mgCarbohydrates: 64gFiber: 3gSugar: 42gProtein: 12g