Trail Mix Peanut Butter Bars
These no-bake Trail Mix Peanut Butter Bars are the perfect sweet & salty snack for on-the-go!
When the weather starts to get warmer, I am all about making no-bake treats so I don’t have to heat up the kitchen. And these Trail Mix Peanut Butter Bars are the perfect snack bar made with crisp rice cereal, peanut butter, pretzels, peanuts and M&Ms and dipped in chocolate! These bars are defiantly loaded up with all my favorites from the delicious traditional trail mix.
And that’s the best thing about these bars, is that you can add any of your trail mix favorites, or you can leave out all the mix-ins and simply just make peanut butter chocolate bar. The options are endless, and that’s why they’re the perfect snack!
These bars are easiest snack bars I have ever made, all you need is crisp rice cereal, creamy peanut butter, light corn syrup, pretzels, peanuts, and M&Ms. I mixed everything up in a large mixing bowl and pressed them into a large baking pan. I used a piece of waxed paper to spread the bars evenly in the pan but you could also use a spatula sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
I placed the pan in the fridge for about 5 minutes to make them easier to cut into squares. I melted some semi-sweet chocolate in the microwave and dipped the bottom of each bar in the chocolate.YUM! Once all the bars are dipped into chocolate, place them back in the fridge for about 10 minutes or until the chocolate sets before enjoying! 🙂
And that’s it, now it’s time to enjoy these delicious sweet & salty snack bars. Trust me, they won’t last very long!
Here is step-by-step on how to make these Trail Mix Peanut Butter Bars:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 5 cups crisp rice cereal
- 2 cups pretzel sticks
- 1 cup miniature M&Ms
- ½ cup peanuts
- 16 oz. semi-sweet chocolate
- Line one 15in x 10in pan with waxed paper. Set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl combine the sugar and corn syrup. Microwave on hight for 2 minutes. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in peanut butter until blended. Add cereal, pretzels, peanuts, and M&Ms; stir until coated.
- Press into prepared pan, using a piece of waxed paper or a spatula sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Place in refrigerator for 5 minutes, this will make cutting the bars into squares much easier. Once cooled, cut bars into squares.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate in the microwave for 1 minute; stirring until completely smooth. Dip the bottom of each bar into chocolate and place back on baking pan. Once all bars are dipped into chocolate, place pan back into refrigerator for 10 minutes, to let the chocolate set before serving.
- Dip however you'd like - just the bottoms, just one side, the tops!