Eggnog Coffee Cake
Our Christmas tree is up, holiday music is playing and it’s starting to snow.
This is my favorite time of year and it wouldn’t be Christmas without this Eggnog Coffee Cake.
This Eggnog Coffee Cake is a holiday classic in our family.
I make this every year for Christmas morning and the best part is that I can make it the night before and then toss it in the oven in the morning.
I also used Silk Soy Nog Orginal which is dairy-free and makes this coffee cake so delicious!
EGGNOG COFFEE CAKE INGREDIENTS
COFFEE CAKE INGREDIENTS:
● BUTTER: 1/2 cup of butter. Make sure the butter is softened to room temperature before baking.
● SUGAR: 1 cup of granulated sugar.
● EGGS: 2 large eggs.
● EGGNOG: 1 cup of eggnog.
● SOUR CREAM: 1 cup of sour cream.
● VANILLA EXTRACT: 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
● FLOUR: 2 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour.
● BAKING POWDER: 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder.
● BAKING SODA: 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
● SALT: 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
STREUSEL TOPPING INGREDIENTS:
● SUGAR: 2/3 cup of granulated sugar.
● FLOUR: 2 Tablespoons of all-purpose flour.
● BUTTER: 2 Tablespoons of butter. Again, make sure your butter is softened to room temperature or the streusel topping will not mix together.
● CINNAMON: 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
● PECANS: 1/2 cup of chopped pecans.
EGGNOG GLAZE INGREDIENTS:
● POWDERED SUGAR: 1/2 cup of powdered sugar.
● EGGNOG: 1 Tablespoon of eggnog.
HOW TO MAKE EGGNOG COFFEE CAKE
To make this Eggnog Coffee Cake, simply:
PRE-STEP: Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray a 9×13 inch baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
MAKE COFFEE CAKE:
STEP 1: In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until blended.
STEP 2: Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
STEP 3: In a small bowl, whisk eggnog, sour cream and vanilla.
STEP 4: In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
STEP 5: Add flour mixture to the butter mixture alternating with eggnog mixture, beating well after each addition.
STEP 6: In a small bowl, mix sugar, flour, butter, and cinnamon until blended. Stir in the pecans.
STEP 7: Pour batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle with streusel topping. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
MAKE EGGNOG GLAZE:
STEP 8: In a small bowl, mix powdered sugar and eggnog until smooth. Drizzle over cake. Serve warm.
ADDITIONAL BAKING TIPS
SPRAY YOUR BAKING PAN: Make sure to generously spray your 9×13 inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray. This will make it SO much easier to remove the coffee cake from the pan once it has cooled.
MAKE THE COFFEE CAKE THE DAY BEFORE: I like to make this eggnog coffee cake the night before. If you make it the night before just cover it and place it in the refrigerator. Then in the morning, uncover it and bake for 35-40 minutes. Drizzle eggnog glaze over top and serve warm!
BAKING TOOLS NEEDED
9×13 BAKING PAN: This is my favorite 9×13 baking pan because it truly is non-stick.
MIXING BOWLS: These mixing bowls are a must-have.
WHISK: Everyone needs a good whisk.
MORE EGGNOG RECIPES
CONNECT WITH DELICIOUSLY SPRINKLED
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA, SO YOU NEVER MISS A RECIPE
GET EASY-TO-MAKE RECIPES AND MORE…STRAIGHT TO YOUR EMAIL!
RATE THIS RECIPE
IF YOU MADE THIS RECIPE & LOVED IT!
PLEASE GIVE IT A 5 STAR RATING IN THE RECIPE BELOW!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup Silk Soy Nog Orginal
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Silk Soy Nog Orginal
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray a 9x13 inch baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
MAKE COFFEE CAKE:
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggnog, sour cream and vanilla.
- In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add flour mixture to the butter mixture alternating with eggnog mixture, beating well after each addition.
- In a small bowl, mix sugar, flour, butter and cinnamon until blended. Stir in the pecans.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle with streusel topping. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
MAKE EGGNOG GLAZE:
- In a small bowl, mix powdered sugar and eggnog until smooth. Drizzle over cake. Serve warm.
SHARE IT ON INSTAGRAM
WE LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE.
SHARE IT ON INSTAGRAM AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTO!
USE HASHTAG #DELICIOUSLYSPRINKLED
CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO PIN THIS RECIPE FOR LATER!
FOLLOW US ON PINTEREST!
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which we get paid a small commission for recommending my favorite products at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting Deliciously Sprinkled.