Cherry Chocolate Chip Brownies
These melt in your mouth Cherry Chocolate Chip Brownies are so easy to make and the perfect decadent treat to make for Valentine’s Day.
These brownies we cheated and used our favorite brownie box mix but to make these brownies even better I would highly suggest using our Homemade Fudgy Brownie recipe. If you love these brownies, you will also love our Mint Chocolate Chip Brownies and our delicious Frosted Turtle Brownies. Or if your like us and you can’t decide…just make all three!
CHERRY CHOCOLATE CHIP BROWNIES
The winning combination of chocolate and cherries combine to make a chewy brownie that is delicious and rich in flavor! This delicious brownie mixture starts with not one but two different brownie mixes to help create a decadent brownie that you don’t have to make from scratch.
The cherry buttercream filling and white chocolate ganache combine to make a sweet topping for these delicious brownies. Plus, this recipe only takes twenty minutes to prepare and thirty minutes to bake! They look so good; you’ll have a hard time waiting for them to cool!
HOW TO MAKE BROWNIES
PREP: Preheat oven to 325F. Spray 9×9 inch baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
BAKE: Pour brownie mix into prepared pan. Bake for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool before topping with cherry buttercream filling.
CHERRY BUTTERCREAM: In a large bowl using a hand or stand mixer, combine butter and juice from the maraschino cherries jar. Beat until the butter is smooth. Slowly add powdered sugar and beat until combined. Fold in roughly chopped cherries and dark chocolate chips. CAREFULLY, spread over the top of cooled brownies.
WHITE CHOCOLATE GANACHE: In a large bowl, melt white chocolate chips and heavy whipping cream together in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir, and repeat for 30 more seconds. Spread over cherry filling and place in the fridge for at least 2 hours or until hardened before cutting into squares.
DECORATE: If you want to decorate the tops of the brownies for Valentine’s Day, Christmas or any party. I used Wilton Candy Melts and drizzled the colored chocolate on the top to make them more festive.
BROWNIE RECIPE TIPS & TRICKS
HOW DO I CUT BROWNIES INTO SQUARES? Cutting brownies into squares is so easy! When you prepare your baking pan, line it with aluminum foil. Leave enough overhang on the sides to be able to lift the brownies out of the pan once they’ve cooled. After baking, lift the brownies out of the pan and fold down the aluminum foil sides. Then use a sharp knife to cut your brownies into squares!
HOW DO YOU KNOW IF THE BROWNIES ARE DONE BAKING? I have a quick trick that will help you know whether or not your brownies are done! First, insert a toothpick into the brownie. You want to stick it about an inch from the edge. If the toothpick comes out clean, they are done. If you try and do this in the center of the brownie, you’ll be waiting a long time, and they’ll end up being overcooked.
STORAGE & FREEZING
HOW TO STORE BROWNIES? Store cut brownie squares in an airtight container in the refrigerator; they’re best eaten within 1 to 2 days. A whole pan of brownies, uncut and well wrapped in plastic, will be good for up to 4 days.
CAN I FREEZE BROWNIES? You can freeze these brownies to enjoy later. They are best frozen as an uncut brownies to protect them from freezer burn. To prepare your brownies for the freezer:
- Let them cool completely.
- Wrap the entire sheet of brownies using plastic wrap, then wrap them again in foil.
- Do not top them with the cherry frosting or ganache until you’re ready to enjoy them.
FOR MORE CHERRY RECIPES, TRY:
- 1 (19 oz.) milk chocolate brownie mix
- 1 (19 oz.) triple fudge brownie mix (I used Ghirardelli Triple Fudge)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
CHERRY BUTTERCREAM FILLING:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) of unsalted butter, softened
- 3 and 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 6 ounces maraschino cherries, chopped
- 5 Tablespoons cherry juice from jar
WHITE CHOCOLATE GANACHE:
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- pink candy melts, for drizzling on top
MAKE THE BROWNIES:
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray 9x9 inch baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer or stand mixer, mix both brownie mixes, water, oil, and eggs until combined. Stir chocolate chips into brownie mix.
- Pour brownie mix into prepared pan. Bake for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool before topping with cherry buttercream filling.
MAKE THE CHERRY BUTTERCREAM FILLING:
- In a large bowl using an electric or stand mixer, combine butter and juice from the maraschino cherries jar. Beat until the butter is smooth.
- Slowly add powdered sugar and beat until combined.
- Fold in roughly chopped cherries and dark chocolate chips. CAREFULLY, spread over the top of cooled brownies.
MAKE WHITE CHOCOLATE GANACHE:
- In a large bowl, melt white chocolate chips and heavy whipping cream together in microwave for 30 seconds. Stir, and repeat for 30 more seconds.
- Spread over cherry filling and place in fridge for at least 2 hours or until hardened before cutting into squares.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 627Total Fat: 46gSaturated Fat: 28gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 130mgSodium: 100mgCarbohydrates: 54gFiber: 2gSugar: 44gProtein: 6g
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for recommending my favorite products at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting Deliciously Sprinkled.