Blueberry Crumble Cheesecake Bars
I love summer because all my favorite fruits and veggies are in season, like these fresh blueberries I used in these Blueberry Crumble Cheesecake Bars. This is one of my all time favorite dessert recipes because it’s the best of both worlds. A delicious shortbread crust, sweet tart blueberries, creamy cheesecake, and buttery crumble. It doesn’t get better than that.
And with 4th of July this weekend, these portable cheesecake cobbler bars are a perfect dessert to bring to all your 4th of July cookouts and summer picnics. They also can be made ahead of time and served straight from the fridge or at room temperature. That way you can spend your weekend off doing the important things like chatting with friends and family, boating, and enjoying your favorite ice cold drink!
JUST A FEW BAKING TIPS:
✓ LINE YOUR BAKING PAN: To make it super easy for you to cut these bars into squares, line your 13×9 inch baking pan with aluminum foil, leaving enough overhang on the sides and spray the foil with non-stick cooking spray. Once the bars have cooled lift the bars out of the pan, folding down the aluminum foil sides. Use a sharp knife to cut these bars into squares and enjoy!
✓ MAKE THE CRUST: I used a food processor, but you could also use a medium sized bowl. All you need to do is first whisk together the flour and powered sugar. Then using a fork or your fingers, cut in the butter until the mixture becomes crumbly.
✓ TOPPINGS: These bars are delicious just the way they are but if you want to make them even more delicious you can top each bar with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, cool whip, or even some more fresh blueberries.
STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE ON HOW TO MAKE THESE BLUEBERRY CRUMBLE CHEESECAKE BARS:
MAKE CHEESECAKE & BAKE:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup salted butter, diced
- 5 Tablespoons butter, softened
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 16 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 4 Tablespoons milk
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line a 13 x 9 inch baking pan with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse flour, powdered sugar, and diced butter until crumbly.*
- Press dough crust into prepared baking pan. Bake for 20 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix together butter, brown sugar and flour with a fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric or stand mixer beat sugar and cream cheese together until smooth.
- Add eggs, milk, lemon juice and vanilla mixing until combined.
- Gently, fold in blueberries.
- Pour cheesecake mixture over baked crust.
- Sprinkle top of cheesecake mixture with crumble topping. Bake for 25 minutes. Let cool, then place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour before cutting into squares.
- If you don't have a food processor, you can use a medium sized bowl instead. Whisk together flour and powdered sugar. Using a fork or your fingers, cut in the butter until mixture becomes crumbly.