Birthday Cake Popcorn
It’s my FAVORITE week of the year…it’s my BIRTHDAY WEEK! ♥
Yes, I will be celebrating my birthday all week long leading up to my actual birthday on Saturday! So to kick off my BIRTHDAY WEEK, I’m sharing this super fun Birthday Cake Popcorn recipe with you today. And it wouldn’t be my birthday without SPRINKLES.
This Birthday Cake Popcorn is sweet, crunchy, and makes the perfect party snack. The almond bark and funfetti cake mix topping makes this popcorn dangerously addictive…consider yourself warned! It’s also super simple to make, only taking 10 minutes…which means I have more time to celebrate with my friends and family!
JUST A FEW BAKING TIPS:
✓ ALMOND BARK COATING: I used almond bark and Funfetti cake mix to make the coating, but you could also use white chocolate and yellow cake mix, instead.
✓ SPREAD POPCORN EVENLY: After you coat the popcorn, you want to make sure that you spread the popcorn out evenly onto the cookie sheets. This will help avoid having huge chunks of popcorn stuck together once the almond bark/chocolate hardens.
✓ POPCORN TASTES BEST THE DAY OF: This Birthday Cake Popcorn tastes best on the day you make it, but you can store it in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. Enjoy!
STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE ON HOW TO MAKE THIS BIRTHDAY CAKE POPCORN:
Birthday Cake Popcorn
- 6 cups popped popcorn
- 24 oz. almond bark
- 1 cup Funfetti cake mix
- Pop 6 cups of popcorn, place popcorn in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Melt almond bark in the microwave for 30-second intervals until it is fully melted. Mix cake mix into melted almond bark.
- Pour almond bark mixture over popcorn and mix to coat popcorn evenly.
- Spread popcorn onto cookie sheets. Sprinkle with colored sprinkles immediately. Let popcorn fully hardened before enjoying.
- STORE: In an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. Popcorn tastes the best the day it's made.
This popcorn is so colorful and fun! It is also so delicious! Love it.
It`s like almost a better version of kettle corn. My birthday is the 22nd so maybe I`ll make this for myself to bring to class.
My kids would squeal over this popcorn. Spotted on foodgawker. Pinned and yummed! Happy birthday!
OHHH MY JEEZE!!! If I could eat popcorn and sugar… I am ALLLLLL in on this!
Such a cute idea- so colorful!
This has my name written ALL over it! What an awesome start to your birthday week!