Lemon Raspberry Cookies
Lemon Raspberry Cookies covered in sprinkles and topped with a swirl of homemade raspberry buttercream frosting.
Another lemon recipe. I know…I’m a little lemon crazy these day! After the delicious Raspberry Lemon Poppyseed Muffins, I just had to make another dessert with the same amazing flavor combination. And with the warmer springtime temperatures we been having, I don’t want to spend all day in the kitchen so I needed a simple cookie recipe to make.
And these Lemon Raspberry Cookies are so easy and they always turn out perfect! They’re one of my stand-by-I-need-to-make-a-dessert-in-a-hurry recipes, that I fall back on when I need to bring a dessert to a get together at the last minute or if I just want to spend more time soaking up the sun!
These cookies start out by using a lemon cake mix ( I used Betty Crocker Lemon Cake Mix), oil, eggs, and a splash a lemon juice for an extra burst of lemon flavor. I then covered each dough ball with fun, springtime SPRINKLES.
Once these soft, chewy, cookies cooled. I whipped up my easy homemade raspberry buttercream frosting and let me tell you I could have lick the whole bowl of this frosting it is AMAZING!
To decorate, I used a piping bag with a open star tip, to make a small star of frosting on top of each cookie to complete these simple lemon cookies. Arn’t they pretty!?
I seriously love these cookies, and they’re the perfect cookie to make for Mother’s Day or bring them to a party, everyone always loves them and thinks I spent hours making these “fancy” cookies, but honestly they are the EASIEST cookie recipe I make! 🙂
Here’s How To Make These Simple Lemon Raspberry Cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line two large cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Using an electric or stand mixer, mix together the lemon cake mix, eggs, oil, and lemon juice until combined.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop cookie dough on prepared baking sheet. Pour sprinkles into a small bowl. Using your hands, roll the dough into balls and drop each ball into the sprinkles, coat them entirely.
- Once balls are sprinkled, place on prepared baking sheets. Bake for 10 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before frosting.
- Make the frosting by mixing softened butter on medium speed with an electric or stand mixer. Beat for about 3 minutes until smooth and creamy. Add powdered sugar, and vanilla extract. Increase to high-speed and beat for 3 minutes. Stir in raspberry perserves, mix until combined. Frost cooled cookies using a piping bag with a open star tip or simply by using a knife.
- I like to use yellow and white sprinkles to match the lemon, but pink would also look great and tie in to the flavor!