HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY!
I just want to take a second on this day of love and all things pink to THANK ALL OF YOU for visiting my blog and letting me be a small part of your day!
I love reading your comments, your tweets, your messages, your emails and personally connecting with you each and everyday, I’m so thankful to do what I love as my job.
And I couldn’t make it happen without all of you!
STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE ON HOW TO MAKE THESE TWIX CUPCAKES:
Homemade cupcakes are easy and delicious, and you can dress them up with your favorite candy bar!Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened, 1 stick
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup sour cream
CARAMEL BUTTERCREAM FROSTING:
- 1 cup salted butter, softened, 2 sticks
- 2 Tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4-5 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup caramel sauce
- 12 mini Twix Candy bars, cut in half
- chocolate sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line (1) cupcake pan with 12 cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric or stand mixer on medium speed, beat eggs and sugar for about 2 minutes, or until light and creamy.
- Add the butter and vanilla extract and beat on low speed for about 1 minute, or until well blended.
- Beat in the dry ingredients on low speed until blended. DO NOT OVER MIX!
- Add the sour cream and beat until smooth.
- Fill each cupcake liner about 3/4 the way full with cupcake batter. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow cupcakes to cool before frosting.
MAKE CARAMEL BUTTERCREAM FROSTING:
- Using an electric or stand mixer, cream together butter, corn syrup, and vanilla extract until light and fluffy. Beat for about 3 minutes.
- Slowly, add powdered sugar and heavy whipping cream. Mix until frosting becomes light and fluffy, adding milk until the mixture reaches desired consistency. Add caramel sauce and mix until combined.
- Frost cooled cupcakes using a piping bag or knife. Top with SPRINKLES & a Twix bar.
- For the frosting, heavy cream or half-and-half will give your frosting the creamiest texture. You may use milk instead, but the frosting won't be as creamy.
Calories: 650kcal, Carbohydrates: 86g, Protein: 4g, Fat: 34g, Saturated Fat: 22g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 8g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 101mg, Sodium: 354mg, Potassium: 147mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 73g, Vitamin A: 902IU, Vitamin C: 0.3mg, Calcium: 68mg, Iron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @deliciouslysprinkled on Instagram or tag #deliciouslysprinkled.
I noticed that corn syrup was listed on Step 7 for the buttercream, but it was not listed in the ingredients. How much is needed (if any)? Thanks!
Thanks for catching my mistake! You will need 2 Tablespoons light corn syrup!
I love Twix too. When you combine it with a chocolate cupcake and caramel buttercream frosting it sounds awesome!
Thanks, Kaylene! Yes, these cupcakes are a Twix lover’s dream! Enjoy 🙂
Absolutely yummy-licious! These cupcakes look super moist… and with this Twix action going on– so in love!
Thanks, Gloria!! Chocolate cupcakes and Twix make the perfect love match, so delicious!