HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY!
I just want to take a second on this day of love and all things pink to THANK ALL OF YOU for visiting my blog and letting me be a small part of your day!
I love reading your comments, your tweets, your messages, your emails and personally connecting with you each and everyday, I’m so thankful to do what I love as my job.
And I couldn’t make it happen without all of you!
STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE ON HOW TO MAKE THESE TWIX CUPCAKES:
- ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup sour cream
CARAMEL BUTTERCREAM FROSTING:
- 1 cup 2 sticks salted butter, softened
- 2 Tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4-5 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup caramel sauce
- 12 mini Twix Candy bars, cut in half
- chocolate sprinkles
- PRE-STEP: Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line (1) cupcake pan with 12 cupcake liners. Set aside.
- STEP 1: In a medium bowl, mix flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- STEP 2: In a large bowl, using an electric or stand mixer on medium speed, beat eggs and sugar for about 2 minutes, or until light and creamy.
- STEP 3: Add the butter and vanilla extract and beat on low speed for about 1 minute, or until well blended.
- STEP 4: Beat in the dry ingredients on low speed until blended. DO NOT OVER MIX!
- STEP 5: Add the sour cream and beat until smooth.
- STEP 6: Fill each cupcake liner about 3/4 the way full with cupcake batter. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow cupcakes to cool before frosting.
MAKE CARAMEL BUTTERCREAM FROSTING:
- STEP 7: Using an electric or stand mixer, cream together butter, corn syrup, and vanilla extract until light and fluffy. Beat for about 3 minutes.
- STEP 8: Slowly, add powdered sugar and heavy whipping cream. Mix until frosting becomes light and fluffy, adding milk until the mixture reaches desired consistency. Add caramel sauce and mix until combined.
- STEP 9: Frost cooled cupcakes using a piping bag or knife. Top with SPRINKLES & a Twix bar.