Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
Happy March! This month is an exciting month with St. Patrick’s Day celebrations, the always fun to watch college basketball tournament March Madness, and hopefully, temperatures above the freezing mark! So let’s kick off this month with my all time favorite Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies!
These cookies are soft and chewy in the middle with a nice crisp bottom for that perfect crunch. I used mint chocolate chips and added some green M&Ms to dress these cookies up for St. Patrick’s Day but feel free to load these cookies up with your favorite chocolate chips.
JUST A FEW BAKING TIPS:
✔ With almost all my cookie recipes, I always make sure to remind you to not OVERMIX the cookie dough. Meaning, when you mix the flour mixture into the wet ingredients, only mix them together until just combined…you should still see some flour in your mixing bowl.
✔ I always use a 1 Tablespoon cookie scoop but if you don’t have a cookie scoop you can use a 1 Tablespoon measuring spoon. Each cookie dough ball has “2 scoops” of cookie dough, meaning that each cookie dough ball is 2 Tablespoons in size. In my opinion, this is the perfect sized cookie.
★ And to make it super easier for you to learn how to scoop the perfect cookie, I created a step-by-step guide on How To Scoop The Perfect Cookie!
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (be sure to properly measure the flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate & mint chips
- additional dark chocolate & mint chips, for topping
PRE-STEP: Preheat oven to 370F degrees. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
STEP 1: Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium size bowl. Set aside.
STEP 2: In a large bowl, using an electric or stand mixer, cream together the butter, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, and vanilla extract until combined.
STEP 3: Add eggs one at a time, mixing between each egg.
STEP 4: Add flour mixture and mix until just combined. DO NOT OVERMIX!
STEP 5: Using a spatula, stir in mint chocolate chips until combined.
STEP 6: Using a cookie scoop, scoop dough into balls about 2 Tablespoons each and place onto prepared baking sheet.
STEP 7: Bake for 10 minutes, rotate baking sheet clockwise and bake for additional 4-5 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
STEP 8: Immediately after taking cookies out of the oven, place additional mint chocolate chips on top of cookies, and let cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet before moving them to a wire rack.
* Freezing the cookie dough: Roll the dough into balls and place them in an airtight container. You can freeze the cookie dough for up to 2 months. Once your ready to bake them, place frozen cookie dough balls onto prepared baking sheet and bake for 16-18 minutes.
* Storing the cookies: Cookies will stay fresh for up to 7 days in an airtight container, stored at room temperature.
Check out my other delicious Cookie Recipes…
And try these delicious Mint Chocolate Chip Brownies next!