Mint Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars
These Mint Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars are the best treatment for all your cravings. Chocolate, mint, and cheesecake all in one bite. It just doesn’t get much better than that. Not only are these delicious for any time, but they make a perfect St. Patrick’s Day snack.
Mint Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars
Are you looking for a treat that’s just perfect for St. Patrick’s Day? These treats are sure to prevent you from getting pinched. Take them into the office, send them with the kids to school, or just make them for snacks to eat at home.
Ingredients for Mint Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars
You will need a few simple ingredients for this recipe.
- Mint Oreo cookies: The Oreos are used to make the crust to your bars.
- Melted butter: The butter is used with the crumbled Oreos to make a delicious crust.
- Cream cheese softened: You can’t really have cheesecake bars without cream cheese.
- Sweetened condensed milk: You will need this to make it creamy.
- Eggs: These are for the filling as well.
- Mint extract: Make it a little extra minty with this mint extract.
- Green and yellow food coloring: Green and yellow food coloring make this a St. Patrick’s Day delight.
- Flour: Just a little bit will do to coat your chocolate chips.
- Mini chocolate chips: Chocolate chips add a burst of chocolatey flavor.
How to Make Mint Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars
Scroll down for a step by step printable card.
Prepare: Begin your recipe by preheating the oven to 300 degrees. Line your baking pan with foil so that it hangs over the sides. Spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set to the side.
Make Your Crust: To make the Oreo crust, you can use a food processor to pulse the Oreo cookies and butter together until crumbly. Or, you can put your Oreos in ziplock bags and smash them with a rolling pin. Mix the butter and Oreos together in a large bowl. Then, press the cookie crumbs into the bottom of the pan.
Mix Your Filling: Using an electric mixer, beat your cream cheese until its fluffy. Add condensed milk and beat more. Then, add eggs, mint extract, and food coloring and continue mixing until you make a pretty mint green color.
Prepare Your Chocolate Chips: In a small bowl, coat your mini chocolate chips in flour. Then, mix the chips into the cream cheese mixture.
Bake: Once you finished mixing everything together, pour the mixture into your baking pan on top of the crust. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top. Bake for 1 hour.
Can I Freeze My Mint Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars?
Want to store these delicious treats for later? You can actually store them for 3-months in your freezer. Here are some Freezer-friendly instructions:
- Place the cooled cheesecake bars (cut or uncut) on a plate and freeze uncovered, until firm.
- Once they are firm, remove the cheesecake bars from the freezer and wrap them in heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Then, place them in a freezer bag. Freeze until ready to thaw and eat.
Is there a Substitute for Cream Cheese?
If you are looking for something that can replicate the taste and texture of cream cheese, but that is lower in fat, there a few different substitutes you can use.
- You can use low-fat cottage cheese with margarine.
- You can use low-fat cream cheese instead of regular cream cheese.
- Or, you can do plain yogurt that is strained overnight in cheesecloth with equal parts of ricotta.
Do Mint Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars Need Mint Oreos?
Can’t find mint Oreos at the store? Don’t worry! This recipe will not be horrible with regular Oreos. The mint Oreos give it a little more of a minty taste. Additionally, the green filling makes it more of a St. Patrick’s Day theme. But, if all you can find is regular Oreos, you can use those. Just don’t expect it to have as much of a mint flavor.
Can I Use Regular Chocolate Chips?
If all you have is regular chocolate chips, it will not change the recipe much. You can use regular sized, but keep in mind that it will have more of a chocolatey flavor. With that being said, you may want to use a smaller amount to compensate. Regardless, the chips should melt during the baking process.
MORE RECIPES TO TRY
You really can’t get much better than this recipe, but you may like some of these other delectable treats! Check them all out!
If you have tried these Mint Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars recipe, then please rate it in the recipe card and let me know how it turned out in the comments below!
- 1 package Mint Oreo cookies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) melted butter
- 3 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons mint extract
- green and yellow food coloring
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300F degrees. Line a 9 x 9-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, leaving enough overhang on the sides. Spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Using a food processor, pulse Oreo cookies and butter together until crumbly. Or you can place Oreos in a plastic storage bag and smash them using a rolling pin. Mix butter and crushed Oreos together in a large bowl.
- Press cookie crumbs onto the bottom of the prepared pan. Set aside.
- Using an electric or stand mixer, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add condensed milk and beat until smooth.
- Add eggs and mint extract. Mix well. Add 5 drops of green food coloring and 3 drops of yellow food coloring to the cream cheese mixture to make a pretty mint green color.
- In a small bowl, coat 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips in the flour. Mix coated mini chocolate chips into cream cheese mixture.
- Pour cream cheese mixture into baking pan. Sprinkle the remaining mini chocolate chips on top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Bake for 1 hour or until cheesecake springs back when touched. Let cool at room temperature. Chill in the fridge for at LEAST 1 hour before cutting into squares.
* Store cheesecake bars in a covered container for up to 7 days in the refrigerator. Cheesecake bars can also be frozen up to 2-3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 105Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 31mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 2g
This blog post contains affiliate and/or referral links, which pay me a small commission for recommending my favorite products at no extra cost to you! Additionally, as an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.