Lime Cookie Bars
Spring is in the air! We had temperatures in the 40s this weekend, it felt like a heat wave.
You know winter was rough when I roll down my car windows in 40-degree weather!
It felt so nice to finally not freeze and not have to bundle up for once.
To celebrate the warmer spring temperatures, I made these delicious Lime Cookie Bars which taste just like a fruity summer drink and with their pretty pastel green color they are the perfect St. Patrick’s Day treat!
These bars have a great texture of a soft chewy cookie combined with a hint of lime.
I drizzled these cookie bars with white cookie icing and SPRINKLED them with colored sprinkles to make them even more fun and festive for St. Patrick’s Day!
UPDATE: I’ve also made these for Christmas and called them “Christmas Tree Sticks” lol. Everyone LOVED them!
MORE COOKIE RECIPES
CONNECT WITH DELICIOUSLY SPRINKLED
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA, SO YOU NEVER MISS A RECIPE
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER
GET EASY-TO-MAKE RECIPES AND MORE…STRAIGHT TO YOUR EMAIL!
RATE THIS RECIPE
IF YOU MADE THIS RECIPE & LOVED IT!
PLEASE GIVE IT A 5 STAR RATING IN THE RECIPE BELOW!
Lime Cookie Bars
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 box Jell-O Lime gelatin, dry, 3 oz
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pouch Betty Crocker Cookie Icing, white
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line (2) baking sheets with parchment paper or silicon baking sheets. Set aside.
- In a small bowl mix the flour, salt, and baking powder until combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer or a stand mixer, cream the butter for 1-3 minutes. Add sugar and dry JELL-O powder and beat on high for 1-2 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla. Add the flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Using a rolling pin, roll the dough out. Cut the dough into small little bars, about 1.5in x 3in. Place dough bars on prepared baking sheet and place in freezer for 10 minutes. (this will help them keep their shape)
- Bake for 8 minutes (or until slightly golden at the edges). Let cool.
- Once cool, drizzle with royal icing and sprinkles.
- Swap out your Jello to make these any fruity flavor you'd like!
SHARE IT ON INSTAGRAM
WE LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE.
SHARE IT ON INSTAGRAM AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTO!
USE HASHTAG #DELICIOUSLYSPRINKLED
CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO PIN THIS RECIPE FOR LATER!
FOLLOW US ON PINTEREST!
LIME COOKIE BARS
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which we get paid a small commission for recommending my favorite products at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting Deliciously Sprinkled.
Thank you so much for sharing this amazing recipe! Will surely have this again! It’s really easy to make and it tasted so delicious! Highly recommended!
Is it just lime Jell-0 ? I don’t see it in the recipe list? And if so, what size Jell-0 box? small or large?
You will need a 3 oz. box of lime Jell-O. Enjoy and Happy Holidays!
I could always go for these lime bars any time! Yours looks delish!
Thanks, Connie! They are one of my favorites 🙂