INSTANT POT BEEF CHILI
If you’re looking for a quick and easy instant pot chili recipe – you will love this. It is the BEST instant pot chili made with ground beef, tomatoes, and beans.
BEST INSTANT POT CHILI RECIPE
Winter is just around the corner and that means it’s soup & chili season.
I made this chili about a week ago. I usually make it in my slow cooker but I decided to try it in my Instant Pot. I was a little nervous because it was the first time I made my chili for my husband and I wanted it to be super good.
And you guys, I’m so glad I made it my Instant Pot because it only took 20 minutes to make and it tasted the same as I used to make it in the slow cooker for 4-6 hours! No more waiting around for the chili to be done all day…now I can make chili whenever I want.
INSTANT POT BEEF CHILI INGREDIENTS
For this instant pot chili recipe, you’ll need these ingredients:
- ONION: Every good beef chili recipe needs some chopped onion!
- GROUND BEEF: I mean.. it is a beef chili recipe so of course, you need some ground beef.
- TOMATOES: We added stewed tomatoes and tomato soup into this recipe.
- BEANS: You’ll need dark kidney beans and a can of chili with beans.
- BBQ SAUCE: This little bit of tang really brings the recipe together!
- SEASONINGS: The beef chili is seasoned with garlic salt, garlic powder, onion salt, chili powder, and just a pinch of sugar!
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT CHILI
Scroll down for a printable step-by-step recipe card!
Instant Pot Directions
- BROWN BEEF: Press the “Saute” button, brown the beef and the onions.
- ADD INGREDIENTS: Add the tomatoes, kidney beans, chili with beans, tomato soup, BBQ sauce, garlic salt, garlic powder, onion salt, chili powder, and sugar.
- COOK:Cover the pot and make sure the vent on the top of the cover is set to “Sealing”. Press the “Pressure Cook” or “Manual” button on high pressure. Set timer to 20 minutes. Natural release.
- SERVE: Carefully open lid. Serve with toppings.
Slow Cooker Directions
- BROWN BEEF: In a skillet, brown ground beef and onions. Leave ground beef in larger chunks. Drain once ground beef is evenly cooked.
- ADD INGREDIENTS: Spoon meat and onion into the slow cooker. Stir in stewed tomatoes, kidney beans, chili with beans, tomato soup, BBQ sauce, garlic salt, garlic powder, onion salt, chili powder, and sugar.
- COOK: Cover. Cook on HIGH for 4 hours.
- SERVE: Serve with sour cream, shredded cheese, and tortilla chips.
WHERE DO I BUY AN INSTANT POT?
I have this Instant Pot, it’s a 6 quart and perfect for my husband and I. If you have a bigger family or you’re always hosting parties, I would HIGHLY recommend getting the 8 quart Instant Pot. You can also make more things in the 8 quarts like whole chicken, a whole turkey, cheesecake, brownies…I have the 8 quarts Instant Pot on my Christmas wishlist.
I also recommend getting the Instant Pot Non-Stick Cooking Pot…I just got mine in the mail and it makes a HUGE difference because things don’t “stick/burn” to the bottom of the pot anymore.
WHAT ARE THE BEST CHILI TOPPINGS?
One of the best parts about chili is the toppings. I love to add sour cream, shredded cheese, avocado, and even tortilla chips.
CAN YOU FREEZE THIS INSTANT POT CHILI?
Yes, you can freeze it for up to 6 months! I love making this chili and then freezing it. Or you can make it ahead of time and place it in the refrigerator, it heats up perfectly in a saucepan or microwave.
Check out these other instant pot recipes!
If you have tried this Instant Pot Beef Chili recipe, then please rate it in the recipe card and let me know how it turned out in the comments below!
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 28 oz. can stewed tomatoes
- 16 oz. can dark kidney beans, undrained
- 15 oz. can chili with beans
- 103/4 oz. can tomato soup
- 1 teaspoon BBQ sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- pinch of sugar
FOR THE INSTANT POT:
- Press the "Saute" button, brown the beef and the onions.
- Add the tomatoes, kidney beans, chili with beans, tomato soup, BBQ sauce, garlic salt, garlic powder, onion salt, chili powder and sugar.
- Cover the pot and make sure the vent on the top of the cover is set to "Sealing". Press the "Pressure Cook" or "Manual" button on high pressure. Set timer to 20 minutes. Natural release.
- Carefully open lid. Serve with toppings.
FOR THE SLOW COOKER:
- In a skillet, brown ground beef and onions. Leave ground beef in larger chunks. Drain once ground beef is evenly cooked.
- Spoon meat and onion into slow cooker.
- Stir in stewed tomatoes, kidney beans, chili with beans, tomato soup, BBQ sauce, garlic salt, garlic powder, onion salt, chili powder and sugar.
- Cover. Cook on HIGH for 4 hours. Serve with sour cream, shredded cheese and tortilla chips.
- To freeze, place the chili in a covered airtight container or heavy-duty freezer bag up to 6 months.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 480 Total Fat: 22g Saturated Fat: 8g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 11g Cholesterol: 110mg Sodium: 1013mg Carbohydrates: 31g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 10g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 39g
This blog post contains affiliate and/or referral links, which pay me a small commission for recommending my favorite products at no extra cost to you! Additionally, as an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.