Homemade Fudgy Brownies
These chewy, fudgy, homemade brownies are easy to make and so delicious you will never want to make brownies from a box again!
There is just nothing that compares to homemade fudgy brownies.
I love the smell that fills our whole apartment when these brownies are baking.
These brownies are made from scratch and I promise you that they’re just as easy to make as brownies from a box but they taste a million times better.
I guarantee after you make these homemade fudgy brownies, you will never make a brownie box mix again!
These brownies have the perfect flakey crust with a gooey, fudgy center, just the way I like my brownies.
Sometimes I leave them plain or I top them with a milk chocolate frosting for even more deliciousness, but either way they are the best brownies ever!
JUST A FEW BAKING TIPS:
✔ I like to use Milk Chocolate Chips to make these brownies, but you can also use semi-sweet chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips….it just depends on how rich you like your brownies to be.
✔ To make it super easy for you to cut the brownies into squares, line your 9×13 inch baking pan with aluminum foil, leaving enough overhang on the sides and spray the foil with non-stick cooking spray. Once the brownies have cooled, lift the brownies out of the pan, folding down the aluminum foil sides. Then use a sharp knife to cut the brownies into squares. SUPER EASY!
✔ You can leave these brownies plain or you can top them with milk chocolate frosting. Either way they are delicious.
STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE ON HOW TO MAKE THESE HOMEMADE FUDGY BROWNIES:
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 (11 Tablespoons) cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 (11.5 oz.) bag milk chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees. Line a 9x13 inch baking pan with aluminum foil leaving enough overhang on the sides and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium sized saucepan, combine sugar, butter, and water. Bring to boil.
- Remove from heat. Add chocolate chips and vanilla extract; stir until chocolate melts.
- Pour chocolate mixture into a large mixing bowl. Using an electric or stand mixer, beat in eggs, mixing after each egg.
- Mix in flour, baking soda, and salt until combined.
- Pour brownie batter into prepared pan. Bake for 50 minutes.
- Let brownies cool before frosting and/or cutting into squares.
MAKE CHOCOLATE FROSTING:
- Using an electric or stand mixer, mix together butter, cocoa powder, and salt for about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and milk. Mix until frosting becomes light and fluffy.
- Frost the cooled brownies, and cut them into squares.
*Store brownies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week. Unfrosted brownies can be frozen for up to 2 months.
BAKING TOOLS I USED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Check out more delicious Brownie Recipes…
And try these delicious Peppermint Bark Brownies next!