Easy Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
Can you believe its pumpkin season already?! That means it’s the PERFECT time for some Easy Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars. They are easy to make and truly heaven in a bite.
PUMPKIN DESSERT RECIPE
All I know is it has been way too long since I have made something pumpkin, the last thing I made that was pumpkin was my Pumpkin Spice Buttermilk Pancakes which if you haven’t made them already you need to they are so delicious and super simple to make.
And another thing to add to your “I need to make soon list” are these Easy Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars topped with cream cheese frosting. These cheesecake bars are the perfect dessert for Halloween, Thanksgiving, or really anytime of the year.
I always make these bars for Thanksgiving and they are always the first dessert to go. These cheesecake bars are very simple to make and take just a few ingredients. Definitely a crowd pleaser and definitely easy to make for a crowd.
EASY PUMPKIN RECIPE
I think the best part of these cheesecake bars though, is how simple they are to make. It’s a matter of making the crust, topping with filling, and frosting when they’re nice and cooled (you never want to frost hot baked goods!!).
But I will say that these are TO DIE FOR – meaning you’ll want to keep them to yourself. You might want to make 2, or even 3 pans. They are sooooo good!! Maybe it’s a good thing parties will be somewhat small this year?
Anyway… let’s get to this delicious pumpkin cheesecake bars recipe!
BAKING TOOLS YOU MIGHT NEED
Before getting started, make sure you have these few key baking tools in your kitchen:
- STAND MIXER: if you don’t already have a stand mixer, you NEED one! I don’t know what I’d do without one anymore. It sure saves my poor muscles when I need to mix things for long periods of time!
- BAKING PAN: I LOVE these pans! Perfect for bars, brownies, and so many other delicious recipes.
PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE BARS INGREDIENTS
For these easy pumpkin cheesecake bars, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- FLOUR: You’ll need just a bit of flour to make the crust!
- SUGARS: Brown sugar, granulated sugar, and powdered sugar are needed for this recipe.
- PECANS: Crushed pecans really add some delicious flavor to the crust.
- BUTTER: Lots of unsalted softened butter is needed for your cheesecake bars!
- CREAM CHEESE: A very needed ingredient for the cheesecake filling and cream cheese frosting.
- PUMPKIN: Canned pumpkin works perfectly to bring the pumpkin flavor together!
- EGGS: Just a couple eggs to bring the texture of the filling together!
- VANILLA: Vanilla is needed for flavor in pretty much every baked good, don’t you think?
- SPICES: Cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice bring the flavors together in the filling.
- SALT: Just a bit of salt to balance out the frosting!
HOW TO MAKE PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE BARS
Scroll down for a printable step by step recipe to reference!
- PREPARE: Preheat the oven to 350F and then line a 9×9 baking pan with foil (making sure it hangs over the edges) and spray with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- MIX CRUST: In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and light brown sugar. Cut the butter into the flour mixture until crumbly; stir in chopped pecans.
- BAKE CRUST: Press the crust into the bottom of the prepared pan and bake for 15 minutes, until the edges are slightly golden. Let it cool completely, optionally in the fridge to speed up the process.
- MIX FILLING: Using a stand mixer, combine the cream cheese, canned pumpkin, granulated sugar, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice. Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes, until smooth.
- BAKE FILLING: Pour the cheesecake mixture over the cooled crust and then bake in the oven until set. Let cool before frosting.
- MIX FROSTING: Use a stand mixer to beat the cream cheese and butter together until smooth. Add the salt and vanilla, beat until combined. Slowly add the powdered sugar and beat until smooth and creamy.
- FROST BARS: Using a cake spatula or knife, evenly frost the top of the pumpkin cheesecake bars. Place in the fridge for at least an hour to let the frosting settle.
- SERVE: Once ready, lift the foil out of the pan and cut into squares. Top each one with marshmallow pumpkin candy, chopped pecans, or you can leave them plain. Enjoy!
DO I HAVE TO USE PECANS IN THIS RECIPE?
I think you should! I LOVE the flavor of the peans in the crust against the pumpkin flavor of the filling. But of course, you can leave them out if you don’t like pecans. It should hold up just fine without it!
DO I NEED TO USE A STAND MIXER?
Nope! If you don’t have one, a hand mixer will work too. Just keep in mind you need to mix the filling for a solid 2 minutes so a stand mixer might be a bit easier on you.
HOW DO YOU SOFTEN BUTTER QUICKLY?
If you’re someone like me who always forget to leave the butter out, there’s a quicker way to soften it. Place your butter in the microwave while still in the wrapper for about 20 seconds, flipping it every 5 seconds so all sides are heated evenly.
CAN I MAKE THESE CHEESECAKE BARS AHEAD OF TIME?
Yes! Simply bake and refrigerate overnight, just wait to frost them until about an hour before you plan to serve them. I don’t suggest freezing them however, as the cream cheese does not freeze very well. It can change the taste and texture so they won’t taste as good.
For best results, store these in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
LOOKING FOR MORE PUMPKIN DESSERTS? TRY THESE:
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
- Frosted Pumpkin Cookies
- Pumpkin Pie Twists
- Pumpkin Dip Recipe
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
If you have tried this Easy Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars recipe, then please rate it in the recipe card and let me know how it turned out in the comments below!
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line a 9x9 inch baking pan with aluminum foil leaving enough overhang on the sides and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the flour and light brown sugar.
- Using a fork, cut the butter into flour mixture until crumbly. Stir in chopped pecans.
- Press crust mixture into bottom of prepared pan and bake for 15 minutes or until edges are slightly brown. Let the crust cool completely.*If you want you can place the crust in the fridge to speed up the cooling process.
- In a large bowl, using an electric or stand mixer combine the cream cheese, canned pumpkin, granulated sugar, large eggs, vanilla extract, ground cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice. Beat at medium speed for about 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Pour cheesecake mixture over cooled baked crust. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until set. Let cool completely before frosting.
- In a large bowl, using an electric or stand mixer beat the cream cheese and butter together until smooth.
- Add the salt and vanilla extract, beat until combined.
- Slowly, add the powdered sugar and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Using a cake spatula or a knife, evenly frost the top of the pumpkin cheesecake bars. Place in the fridge for a least an hour before serving to let the frosting settle.
- Once the bars are ready to serve, lift the foil out of the pan and cut into squares.
- Top each bar with a marshmallow pumpkin candy, chopped pecans, or just leave them plain.
*Store bars in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 297Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 53mgSodium: 137mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 1gSugar: 32gProtein: 4g
This blog post contains affiliate and/or referral links, which pay me a small commission for recommending my favorite products at no extra cost to you! Additionally, as an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.