Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Bars
I needed a super quick holiday dessert for a last minute get together we planned with some friends, and I really did not have time to make anything too fancy. These chocolate chip peanut butter bars are a perfect dessert to make for any last minute party or for the person that really does not have time to bake from scratch but wants a delicious dessert.
I am not going to lie I felt a little guilty making these bars because I usually always make everything from scratch but sometimes when you need a quick dessert you just have to do what you gotta do, right?
- 1 roll refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup vanilla whipped ready-to-spread frosting
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- red and green candy melts
- 1/4 cup Sixlets
- Pre-heat oven to 350F. In a 13x9-inch pan, break up cookie dough. Press dough evenly in bottom of pan to form crust.
- Bake 14 to 18 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix peanut butter, frosting and oil until well blended.
- Spread peanut butter mixture over warm crust. Melt red and green candy melts in microwave safe bowls and microwave on High 1 to 2 minutes or until melted. Drizzle red and green candy melts over peanut butter frosting. Sprinkle Sixlets evenly over top.
- Let stand until candy melts are set, at least 30 minutes.