Cherry Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
These Cherry Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies are soft, chewy and filled with dried cherries and chocolate chips making them a delicious cookie for any time of year!
These Cherry Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies are the best of both worlds, part chocolate chip cookie, and part oatmeal cookie. I love that these cookies are loaded with dried cherries, milk chocolate chips, and white chocolate chips.
I seriously ate 5 of these cookies the next morning for breakfast. In my mind, anything that has oatmeal it is considered a breakfast food. There’re so delicious and perfect alongside my Pumpkin Spice Smoothie!
Just a few tips for baking these Cherry Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies:
- Make sure to measure the flour properly, it really does matter! Too much flour will result in dry, floury, not so tasty cookies.
- DO NOT OVERMIX!! Don’t stir together the dry ingredients and wet ingredients too much, you just want to mix it until JUST combined. Also, don’t overmix when mixing in the dried cherries, and chocolate chips. 🙂
- Soak your dried cherries in warm water (about 1/4 cup) for 10 minutes before using. This will make them big and plump for your cookies. Yum!
Step-by-step on how to make these Cherry Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies:
MORE COOKIE RECIPES
CONNECT WITH DELICIOUSLY SPRINKLED
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA, SO YOU NEVER MISS A RECIPE
💌 GET EASY-TO-MAKE RECIPES AND MORE…STRAIGHT TO YOUR EMAIL!
RATE THIS RECIPE
IF YOU MADE THIS RECIPE & LOVED IT! 😍
PLEASE GIVE IT A 5 STAR RATING ⭐ IN THE RECIPE BELOW!
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (be sure to properly measure the flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup quick-minute oats
- 3/4 cup (1.5 sticks) salted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup dried cherries*
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 370F degrees. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt and quick-oats in a large sized bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric or stand mixer, cream together the butter, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, and vanilla extract until combined. Add eggs one at a time, mixing between each egg. Add flour mixture and mix until just combined. DO NOT OVERMIX! Stir in dried cherries and chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop dough into balls about 2 Tablespoons each and place onto prepared baking sheet. Place baking sheet with cookie dough balls in the freezer for 10 minutes. Once chilled, slightly press down the cookie dough balls and place back onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, rotate baking sheet clockwise and bake for additional 4-5 minutes or until golden brown around the edges. Immediately after taking cookies out of the oven, place additional chocolate chips on top of cookies, and let cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet before moving them to a wire rack.
*Soak your dried cherries in warm water (about 1/4 cup) for 10 minutes before using. This will make them big and plump for your cookies!
SHARE IT ON INSTAGRAM
WE LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE. 🍰
SHARE IT ON INSTAGRAM AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTO!
USE HASHTAG #DELICIOUSLYSPRINKLED
CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO PIN THIS RECIPE FOR LATER!
FOLLOW US ON PINTEREST!
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which we get paid a small commission for recommending my favorite products at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting Deliciously Sprinkled.