Cherry Chocolate Chip Brownies
These Cherry Chocolate Brownies will make you forget about all your troubles and worries in the world!
Okay, maybe not exactly…but still, they’re pretty amazing. So amazing in fact, that I can’t get these Cherry Chocolate Brownies off my mind.
Not only are they perfect to make and just have sitting around the house when you’re having that chocolate craving, but you can also believe that everyone will love you for baking and bringing them to the latest gathering as well.
Think Super Bowl, birthday parties, or even family reunions and picnic…you just can’t go wrong when you show up with these in your hands.
The great part about these brownies is the winning combination of cherries and chocolate. It’s often an overlooked flavor that many people tend to forget about and underutilize if you ask me. This year, bring back the winning combination and bake up a pan or two of these Cherry Chocolate Brownies!
With simple to follow directions, you’ll love this recipe just like I do. And who knows…this may just become a recipe that you pass down to all your family members and friends as well. Because…why not? When you can make a dessert this delicious, you’ll want to share it with others!
CHERRY BROWNIES INGREDIENTS
● MILK CHOCOLATE BROWNIE MIX: 1 (19 oz.) milk chocolate brownie mix.
● TRIPLE FUDGE BROWNIE MIX: 1 (19 oz.) triple fudge brownie mix. I used the Ghirardelli mix.
● WATER: 1/2 cup of water.
● VEGETABLE OIL: 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
● EGGS: 2 large eggs.
● CHOCOLATE CHIPS: 2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips.
CHERRY BUTTERCREAM FILLING:
● BUTTER: 1 cup (2 sticks) of unsalted butter.
● POWDERED SUGAR: 3 and 1/2 cups of powdered sugar.
● DARK CHOCOLATE CHIPS: 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips.
● MARASCHINO CHERRIES: 1 (6 oz.) jar of maraschino cherries. You will use the cherry juice, as well.
WHITE CHOCOLATE GANACHE:
● WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIPS: 2 cups of white chocolate chips.
● HEAVY WHIPPING CREAM: 3/4 cup of heavy whipping cream.
● PINK CANDY MELTS: about a handful or more of pink candy melts to drizzle on top.
HOW TO MAKE CHERRY BROWNIES
To make these Cherry Chocolate Chip Brownies, simply:
PRE-STEP: Preheat oven to 325F. Spray 9×9 inch baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
STEP 1: In a large bowl, using an electric or stand mixer, mix both brownie mixes, water, oil, and eggs until combined.
STEP 2: Stir chocolate chips into brownie mix.
STEP 3: Pour brownie mix into prepared pan.
STEP 4: Bake for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool before topping with cherry buttercream filling.
STEP 6: In a large bowl using an electric or stand mixer, combine butter and juice from the maraschino cherries jar. Beat until the butter is smooth.
STEP 7: Slowly add powdered sugar and beat until combined.
STEP 8: Fold in roughly chopped cherries and dark chocolate chips. CAREFULLY, spread over the top of cooled brownies.
STEP 9: In a large bowl, melt white chocolate chips and heavy whipping cream together in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir, and repeat for 30 more seconds.
STEP 10: Spread over cherry filling and place in the fridge for at least 2 hours or until hardened before cutting into squares.
ADDITIONAL BAKING TIPS
HOW TO CUT BROWNIES INTO SQUARES: To make it super easy for you to cut the brownies into squares, line your 9×9 inch baking pan with aluminum foil, leaving enough overhang on the sides and spray the foil with non-stick cooking spray. Once the brownies have cooled, lift the brownies out of the pan, folding down the aluminum foil sides. Then use a sharp knife to cut the brownies into squares. SUPER EASY!
CANDY MELTS: The pink candy melts I used to drizzle on top of the white chocolate, can be found at Wal-Mart or any craft store. And they have a TON of different fun colors to choose from.
BAKING TOOLS NEEDED
MIXER: I love my KitchenAid Mixer, I use it for everything. Makes baking so much easier!
9×9 INCH BAKING PAN: This is the baking pan I used to make these brownies.
MORE CHERRY RECIPES
CONNECT WITH DELICIOUSLY SPRINKLED
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA, SO YOU NEVER MISS A RECIPE
GET EASY-TO-MAKE RECIPES AND MORE…STRAIGHT TO YOUR EMAIL!
RATE THIS RECIPE
IF YOU MADE THIS RECIPE & LOVED IT!
PLEASE GIVE IT A 5 STAR RATING IN THE RECIPE BELOW!
- 1 (19 oz.) milk chocolate brownie mix
- 1 (19 oz.) triple fudge brownie mix (I used Ghirardelli Triple Fudge)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
CHERRY BUTTERCREAM FILLING:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) of unsalted butter, softened
- 3 and 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 6 ounces maraschino cherries, chopped
- 5 Tablespoons cherry juice from jar
WHITE CHOCOLATE GANACHE:
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- pink candy melts, for drizzling on top
MAKE THE BROWNIES:
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray 9x9 inch baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Melt butter and semi-sweet chocolate in a medium saucepan on medium heat, stirring constantly until smooth. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature (about 10 minutes).
- Stir sugar into cooled chocolate/butter mixture until combined.
- Add eggs one at a time, whisking until smooth after each addition. Whisk in the vanilla.
- Gently fold in the flour and salt. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool before topping with cherry buttercream filling.
MAKE THE CHERRY BUTTERCREAM FILLING:
- In a large bowl using an electric or stand mixer, combine butter and juice from the maraschino cherries jar. Beat until the butter is smooth.
- Slowly add powdered sugar and beat until combined.
- Fold in roughly chopped cherries and dark chocolate chips. CAREFULLY, spread over the top of cooled brownies.
MAKE WHITE CHOCOLATE GANACHE:
- In a large bowl, melt white chocolate chips and heavy whipping cream together in microwave for 30 seconds. Stir, and repeat for 30 more seconds.
- Spread over cherry filling and place in fridge for at least 2 hours or until hardened before cutting into squares.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 627 Total Fat: 46g Saturated Fat: 28g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 15g Cholesterol: 130mg Sodium: 100mg Carbohydrates: 54g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 44g Protein: 6g
SHARE IT ON INSTAGRAM
WE LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE.
SHARE IT ON INSTAGRAM AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTO!
USE HASHTAG #DELICIOUSLYSPRINKLED
CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO PIN THIS RECIPE FOR LATER!
FOLLOW US ON PINTEREST!
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for recommending my favorite products at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting Deliciously Sprinkled.