Baked Pumpkin Donuts with Cinnamon Glaze
These delicious Baked Pumpkin Donuts with Cinnamon Glaze are perfect along side a cup of coffee on a cool, crisp fall morning.
When it comes to breakfast, I just love a good donut. Don’t you!? My all time favorite donuts are the ones with sprinkles on top but my second favorite kind of donut are definitely these delicious baked pumpkin donuts with cinnamon glaze.
And these donuts are baked, which means they’re healthier for you, right!? Well that’s what I tell myself so that I don’t feel guilty about having more then one of these delicious pumpkin donuts. 😉
A couple of tips for baking these donuts:
- To get the perfect pumpkin spice flavor that we all love, I used my favorite Pumpkin Spice Bakery Emulsion from LorAnn Oils and Flavors. Check out their website for the Pumpkin Spice Bakery Emulsion I used in this donut recipe and all the other amazing oils and flavors.
- To fill the donut pan with the pumpkin batter, I find it easiest to use a cookie scoop. I scoop about two scoops of batter into each donut mold. Then I used the back of a spoon to spread the batter evenly into the donut mold (see Step 4 image below).
- For the cinnamon glaze, I dunk eat donut into the glaze at least TWO times to get a nice, thick layer of delicious cinnamon glaze (see Step 6 image below).
Step-by-step on how to make these delicious Baked Pumpkin Donuts with Cinnamon Glaze:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon Pumpkin Spice Bakery Emulsion
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
Preheat oven to 375F degrees. Spray donut pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
In a medium sized bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, nutmeg, and cinnamon (see Step 1 image above). Set aside.
In a large bowl, cream together brown sugar, pumpkin, eggs, milk, unsalted butter, and pumpkin spice bakery emulsion until combined (see Step 2 image above). Slowly mix in dry ingredients until just combined (see Step 3 image above). DO NOT OVERMIX!
Using a cookie scoop, scoop pumpkin donut batter into each donut mold (about two scoops of batter for each donut mold). Using a the back of a spoon, spread the pumpkin batter evenly into the donut mold (see Step 4 image above).
Bake donuts for 6-8 minutes or until the donuts spring back when touched. Allow to cool completely before topping each donut with cinnamon glaze.
To make the cinnamon glaze: In a small bowl, mix powdered sugar, milk, cinnamon, and nutmeg until smooth and creamy (see Step 5 image above). Dunk one side of each donut into cinnamon glaze, place on wire rack pan to set (see Step 6 image above). Dunk each donut a second time into cinnamon glaze for the perfect glazed donut, optional!
This Pumpkin Spice Smoothie goes perfect with these donuts!
Check out these delicious Pumpkin Recipes…
*Disclosure: I was not compensated for this post, however I did receive a sample for my review. All opinions are 100% my own and not influenced in any way.